Some Packet Parser Help (not a bug)

For everything NOT server specific support. Do NOT ask for connectivity help here!.

Moderator: Moderators

trauma
Noob
Noob
Noob?: Yes

Some Packet Parser Help (not a bug)

#1 Post by trauma »

Hello everyone,
I have a minor problem with openkore. I am getting Packet Parser: Unknown Switch: 02F2 error. This only happens when my bot moves after my bot has taken buffs from the Healer. Now, as far as I am concerned it isn't making my bot dysfunctional in anyway but the packet parser warning keeps getting spammed in console which is very annoying. Is there any way to stop/ignore the warning from displaying in console? Thanks in advance. Looking forward to a reply :)

TheCulprit
Human
Human
Noob?: No

Re: Some Packet Parser Help.

#2 Post by TheCulprit »

trauma wrote:Hello everyone,
I have a minor problem with openkore. I am getting Packet Parser: Unknown Switch: 02F2 error. This only happens when my bot moves after my bot has taken buffs from the Healer. Now, as far as I am concerned it isn't making my bot dysfunctional in anyway but the packet parser warning keeps getting spammed in console which is very annoying. Is there any way to stop/ignore the warning from displaying in console? Thanks in advance. Looking forward to a reply :)
you on battlegrounds right??

trauma
Noob
Noob

#3 Post by trauma »

Nope, I'm not in Battleground. My bot just takes buffs from the Healer when he is in the city and his HP < 100%. After taking buffs for every cell he moves it will give me the Packet Parser warning.

trauma
Noob
Noob

#4 Post by trauma »

Well so since I haven't got any suggestions here I was searching a bit on my own when I came across this page, Openkore Frequently Asked Questions http://wiki.openkore.com/index.php?titl ... itch:_xxxx

In topic 6.3 it says:
Packet Tokenizer: Unknown switch: xxxx

Value that is supposed to be a packet switch is not found in recvpackets.txt, so packet length is not known.

Valid RO packet switches are: 0064—04FF, 0700—07FF. Other switches (like 9600, 0000 and others) indicate that your server settings (or recvpackets) are wrong. If you have such a warning for invalid switch, that can mean that some of previous packets had wrong packet length.

Recvpackets file needs to be updated for your server.

Consider your bot to be unstable and to get every funny bug possible (for example, non dying or nonexistent monsters), as all packets in a bunch after the unknown one will be ignored, and some could have been already ignored or parsed incorrectly.

If you want to squelch this warning anyway, add corresponding packet switches to debugPacket_exclude.
Read the last line which I have highlighted in bold. Does anyone here know how to use the debugPacket_excluse option. I tried using it the way it was mentioned in the openkore manual but in vain.

EternalHarvest
Developers
Developers

#5 Post by EternalHarvest »

That option is for Tokenizer warning, and you have Parser one.
You can just remove this warning completely in src/Network/Receive.pm, or add support for debugPacket_exclude for it too and share with us.

trauma
Noob
Noob

#6 Post by trauma »

Hey,
Thanks for the reply EternalHarvest. I opened the Receive.pm file with notepad and sorry for my ignorance but it looked like gibberish to me :P Please can u tell me exactly how to remove it after I have opened the Receive.pm file with notepad.