Using Openkore with VPN / Proxy

For everything NOT server specific support. Do NOT ask for connectivity help here!.

Moderator: Moderators

oriannasejuani
Noob
Noob
Noob?: No

Using Openkore with VPN / Proxy

#1 Post by oriannasejuani »

Hey there, I have been trying to find out, on how to use openkore with a proxy/vpn to be safe when I am using it.

I have been browsing through all the FAQs and forums already, but there is no "real guide" on how to use it. The only thing I found was here [Proxy Botting], but the pictures are away.. and I can't really use it >_<.

http://forums.openkore.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=8266

I have been trying to revive a dead thread about it too, but maybe I should just make my own.

So yea, it would be awesome if anyone could help me out here or give me some pointers.

I would really, really appreciate it.

Regards, Ori <3

jorgej
Noob
Noob
Noob?: Yes

Re: Using Openkore with VPN / Proxy

#2 Post by jorgej »

I've been using virtual machines and am happy with it. Easy to set up, sets limit to each bot, better micromanagement. Gets the job done, especially if you have the processing resources already.

12manytimes
Noob
Noob
Noob?: Yes

Re: Using Openkore with VPN / Proxy

#3 Post by 12manytimes »

I'm running openkore in a VM, in the VM I have up a VPN using ipsec to hide.me (VM is on my desktop), and in ipsec.conf I just specified the subnet owned by my local gravity for the remote destinations of my VPN, so all the traffic to iRO goes through the VPN, and all the rest goes through the local network. I used a local inet café to set up my ro accounts, and just use putty and run openkore in a byobu session, and let it rip.