About each new openkore version

For everything NOT server specific support. Do NOT ask for connectivity help here!.

Moderator: Moderators

hikenace
Noob
Noob
Noob?: No

About each new openkore version

#1 Post by hikenace »

Sorry for the (possibly) dumb question, i did some search but didnt find it.
I have been wondering, whenever i download a new version of Kore, can i just move my old config/macros/any-other-txt-from-control to the new bot? or should i redo it all form zero?

I appreciate your answers.

IchBeinGott
Noob
Noob
Noob?: Yes

Re: About each new openkore version

#2 Post by IchBeinGott »

Yes, you can simply transfer your config/mon control/pick up control/macros/etc into the new openkore folders.
What I do is is copy my personal files(config/mon control/pick up control) into a 2nd folder outside of openkore. Replace all of openkore, and copy/paste my 2nd folder back into the openkore folder.
I haven't run into any issues yet but I do iRO. Servers change practices.
Read the notes from github as to what has been updated. If any of the personal files(ex: config) are modded. You will need to redo those files which were affected.

Next time, please try your theory first before asking. Nothing can go so wrong that you need to panic if it doesn't work.
Keep a backup of your openkore. Mod either one with what you want to try. Test it out. If it fails, then copy paste the Original over the broken one. Trial and error, friend.

fadreus
The Kore Devil
The Kore Devil
Noob?: No

Re: About each new openkore version

#3 Post by fadreus »

If you don't want to download a new, you can just manually copy-paste only the updated file to make it work on your server

OR

use git desktop

OR

use TortoiseGIT/TortoiseSVN

iRO Supporter.
Read before you ask is the wisest thing human can do.
Unless you're a cat.