Storage usage questions (console mainly) (SOLVED)

For everything NOT server specific support. Do NOT ask for connectivity help here!.

Moderator: Moderators

Enopracsam
Noob
Noob
Noob?: No

Storage usage questions (console mainly) (SOLVED)

#1 Post by Enopracsam »

Hello everyone.

I mainly want to be able to access the storage through console commands.
I checked the "Console Commands" page of the wiki (http://openkore.com/index.php/Category:Console_Command) but did not find enough answers.

If I want to access the storage through, let's say, "storage add <item> <quantity>", I get an error that says the storage was not opened before this session.
The story repeats with every storage command.

How do I access the storage?
Do I manually have to access thorugh "move" --> NPC --> Storage? That's kinda time consuming and boring, if done through the console.

Also, maybe there's a way to access the storage as soon as the session begins? Let's stay I run start.exe, then the bot logs in, goes to the nearest Kafra, opens storage, closes it, then goes to do whatever it's supposed to do. But... how?

Can someone help me? Thanks :)
Last edited by Enopracsam on 06 Mar 2018, 20:06, edited 1 time in total.

fadreus
The Kore Devil
The Kore Devil

Re: Storage usage questions (console mainly)

#2 Post by fadreus »

Enopracsam wrote:If I want to access the storage through, let's say, "storage add <item> <quantity>", I get an error that says the storage was not opened before this session.

Do I manually have to access thorugh "move" --> NPC --> Storage? That's kinda time consuming and boring, if done through the console.

Also, maybe there's a way to access the storage as soon as the session begins? Let's stay I run start.exe, then the bot logs in, goes to the nearest Kafra, opens storage, closes it, then goes to do whatever it's supposed to do. But... how?
Openkore is not a hacking tool.
You need to do exactly as you did when playing the game; open the storage first before using the storage command.
Storage command here isn't private server "command".
Command here mean syntax required to use certain function.
Enopracsam wrote:Also, maybe there's a way to access the storage as soon as the session begins? Let's stay I run start.exe, then the bot logs in, goes to the nearest Kafra, opens storage, closes it, then goes to do whatever it's supposed to do. But... how?
IDK where you get this idea but I suppose what you want is magic.
Hogwards is a good place to start. :lol:

iRO Supporter.
Read before you ask is the wisest thing human can do.
Unless you're a cat.

Enopracsam
Noob
Noob

Re: Storage usage questions (console mainly)

#3 Post by Enopracsam »

fadreus wrote:
Enopracsam wrote:If I want to access the storage through, let's say, "storage add <item> <quantity>", I get an error that says the storage was not opened before this session.

Openkore is not a hacking tool.
You need to do exactly as you did when playing the game; open the storage first before using the storage command.
Storage command here isn't private server "command".
Command here mean syntax required to use certain function.
Enopracsam wrote:Also, maybe there's a way to access the storage as soon as the session begins? Let's stay I run start.exe, then the bot logs in, goes to the nearest Kafra, opens storage, closes it, then goes to do whatever it's supposed to do. But... how?
IDK where you get this idea but I suppose what you want is magic.
Hogwards is a good place to start. :lol:

I never said neither supposed that OpenKore was/is a hacking tool. I know what OpenKore is and does, but thanks for reminding me that.

Let me be clear.

I am playing on an official server, so no @storage or #storage command.
What I am trying to do is take my character from its position (wherever he is) and MOVE him to the nearest Kafra in order to access the storage.
No hacking, nothing weird or strange. That's how you do it in every official server, basically.

The question is: is there a console command that does that OR I have to manually (step by step) MOVE the character, then SCAN for NPCs, then TALK to NPC and finally OPEN the storage?
After searching for a little bit I did not come up with a console command but I managed to learn a bit more about storage interactions through basic configuration files.

What I came up with is that I can use StorageAuto in order to let the bot know that it can use the storage by himself.
Also, I can use StorageAuto distance and StoreAuto npc to define the distance the character has to keep from the npc and the npc itself (Kafra, in this case).
Last, but not least, I can use a getAuto block and tell the bot what it has to get from the storage and when, which is cool because now the bot can get white pots from the storage by itself.

Problem: my goal is not to GET things from the storage but to PUT them into the storage.
I can tell the bot what it has to KEEP and what it has to SELL/STORE thanks to the items_control.txt file.
I can tell it what to store using this syntax:

Code: Select all

# Syntax:
# (item name) (minimum) (auto-store) (auto-sell) [put in cart] [get from cart]
# item name	: Name of the item.
# miminum	: The minimum amount of this item that you want to keep in inventory.
# autostore	: Set to 1 to walk back to a Kapra NPC to put in storage.
# autosell	: Set to 1 to sell item at a buy/sell NPC.
# put in cart	: Set to 1 to automatically put this item in cart.
# get from cart : Set to 1 to automatically get this item from cart.
As far as I can see I can tell the MINIMUM amount of an item I want to keep, but I can't tell the MAXIMUM amount I want to have before storing.

Example: I am farming Red Herbs. I want that every time I have 1000 Red Herbs in my inventory, the bot takes the character to the Kafra I told it to go to and stores the 1000 red herbs in storage.

How?
Do you see something strange here?
I can't see this action as hacking. It's about walking to an NPC and storing things when I reach a certain amount of items.
I see NO hacking, NO magic or whatsoever.

Btw: I'd like to go to Hogwarts, but I'm way too old, did not receive my letter in time. Too bad.

fadreus
The Kore Devil
The Kore Devil

#4 Post by fadreus »

tables\commanddescriptions.txt

[autostorage]
Initiate auto-storage AI sequence.
http://openkore.com/index.php/Autostorage (set in config.txt first)
http://openkore.com/index.php/ItemsMaxNum_sellOrStore (carry weight + 1000 red herb weight)

or use macro
Example:

automacro Store {
	inventory "Red Herb" >= 1000
	run-once 1
	call {
		do autostorage
		release Store
	}
}
or eventMacro
Example:

automacro Store {
	InInventory "Red Herb" >= 1000
	run-once 1
	call {
		do autostorage
		release Store
	}
}

iRO Supporter.
Read before you ask is the wisest thing human can do.
Unless you're a cat.

Enopracsam
Noob
Noob

Re: ...

#5 Post by Enopracsam »

fadreus wrote:

tables\commanddescriptions.txt

[autostorage]
Initiate auto-storage AI sequence.
http://openkore.com/index.php/Autostorage (set in config.txt first)
http://openkore.com/index.php/ItemsMaxNum_sellOrStore (carry weight + 1000 red herb weight)

or use macro
Example:

automacro Store {
	inventory "Red Herb" >= 1000
	run-once 1
	call {
		do autostorage
		release Store
	}
}
or eventMacro
Example:

automacro Store {
	InInventory "Red Herb" >= 1000
	run-once 1
	call {
		do autostorage
		release Store
	}
}

Thank you very much, that's what I was searching for. I was so close.
I will try this evening and update the post if everything goes well.

Thanks, once again.

Enopracsam
Noob
Noob

Re: Storage usage questions (console mainly) (SOLVED)

#6 Post by Enopracsam »

Just to help anyone else who may need help...

In order to deposit things in storage I had to

1) Edit config.txt, so storageAuto is ON ==> storageAuto 1

AND

storageAuto npc is defined ==> storageAuto geffen 120 62 (this one works the best for me, since I farm in gef_fild04, one north from Geffen)

2) Edit items_control.txt so I decide what items I keep and what items I store with the followin syntax:

# Syntax:
# (item name) (minimum) (auto-store) (auto-sell) [put in cart] [get from cart]
So, for example, I wrote this in order to store stems and Mandragora cards (my bot will mainly farm stems):

905 1 1 0 # Stem
4030 0 1 0 # Mandragora Card
3) Create a macros.txt file inside my control folder with this code:

automacro StemDeposit {
	inventory Stem >= 1500
	run-once 1
	call {
		do autostorage
		release StemDeposit
	}
}
This way the macro gets triggered by the condition "inventory Stem >= 1500", which, in my case, happens once every few hours.

Thanks for your help.

Pachu
Plain Yogurt
Plain Yogurt

Re: Storage usage questions (console mainly) (SOLVED)

#7 Post by Pachu »

i dont understand why you use this complicated way instead of just telling the bot which monsters to kill, which items to loot and to go storage once it's overweight? things you have to do already.