Has anyone come up with a new botting guide for renewal?

International

Moderator: Moderators

Aionym
Noob
Noob
Noob?: Yes

Has anyone come up with a new botting guide for renewal?

#1 Post by Aionym »

Just curious, seeing as Renewal is up and I haven't seen an updated guide for the official servers... Does anyone have anything? Specifically in the 75+ range. I normally would not ask, but my 75 Agi/Vit Knight is the highest character I have atm. I am racing my buddy to trans characters and we are still within 5 levels of each other. However... I have hit a standstill. Any and all advice would be appreciated. (And huge thanks to the Swordie/etc config guide maker... Has been saving me some exp in iz_dun04)

(Apologies if this is not where I am supposed to ask for this kind of thing)

RX-7
Noob
Noob
Noob?: No

Re: Has anyone come up with a new botting guide for renewal?

#2 Post by RX-7 »

Resources:
http://www.ratemyserver.net (Displays pre-renewal by default)
http://rode-r.doddlercon.com/ (Less cross-referencing options, but more updated)

My Swordie Guide:
Novice = Do all the quests.
10+ = Rockers
30+ = Ambernite/Ants
50+ = Yoyo
60+ = Hodes
75+ = Grand Pecos (At this point, you will want to add some sort of Bash macro)
90+ = Petite (This field is infested with bots, but it WILL take you from 98 to 99 at 0.02/kill.)

The reality is that even with 0.02% a kill, you will be able to wake up next morning and smile at your gains. My route wasn't optimized for EXP, but for monster drops I needed.

But at the 70+ mark, I was looking to hit 99 ASAP. I was still wearing stock gear (from shop vendors), so I used an intelligent Bash macro to efficiently farm Hodes and eventually Grand Pecos.

At around 80, I realized I needed to start acquiring high-end gear to make the transition to 99 quicker and easier. I spread out 3 bots to farm Strawberry/cards and slowly accumulated mass amounts of zeny to buy middle-class to high-end gear. The main highlight of my purchases was an Ahlspiess (ignore DEF, 2H Spear).

I tried Siromas at 88. They spawned few, the dungeon was horrendously remote, and a single caster mob threatened much EXP losses. At 89, I grew tired of Siromas, so I tried Petites out on a whim, and found them to be slightly less in EXP than Siromas, but far easier to kill. And they spawned in massive amounts. In the future, I would recommend gearing up a bot that can handle Petites as early as possible. They took me straight from 89 to 99 within a long weekend. Just remember to keep acquiring zeny as the rebirth costs almost 1.3m.