International

Moderator: Moderators

ForbiddenSoul
Noob
Noob
Noob?: Yes

Custom shortcut with xKore 2

#1 Post by ForbiddenSoul »

Alright I've been searching through tons of posts relating to xKore to try and figure out how to set it up. So far the easiest way (I think) was this:
It's fairly simple to set up multiple bots to run with Xkore 2. You extract the clientinfo.xml, rename it, edit the port in it, put that same port as your XKore_listenport in your config.txt and create a new shortcut with 1rag1 /account:renamedclientinfo.xml.

I've got 4 different xmls in my data dir with different ports with 4 shortcuts on my desktop to open XKore for them, one for each bot. Thanks to eharvest for getting XKore working on iRO.
Before I attempted this, I extracted the clientinfo.xml, changed the server ip to 127.0.0.1 and the port to 6901, then repacked it in the data.grf file.
RO didn't like the new .grf and crashes at launch.... I decided to try the shotrcut instead

I would just want to do this with a single bot (but imagine it's all the same),
I am wondering a couple things:
1. Do i still need to repack the data.grf for the shortcut to work?
2. Is account just account, or do I change it to my account name?
3. Do I need to list the complete path of my renamedclient.info, or can it just be in the same directory as the shortcut?
4. What's with the 1rag1 do I put that after the " aswell or just the text after the / ?

I've tried messing with the shortcut multiple times to no avail.
Help is much appreciated!

EternalHarvest
Developers
Developers

Re: Custom shortcut with xKore 2

#2 Post by EternalHarvest »

Xml files work fine when placed in "data" directory, "account" for ragexe is just a file name without path.

Najuri
Human
Human
Noob?: No

#3 Post by Najuri »

where can i find the "data directory"?

sheim
Noob
Noob

#4 Post by sheim »

that would be your ragnarok installation directory which has the sub-directory "data" and loads the xml from there?