International

Moderator: Moderators

randomguy
Human
Human
Noob?: No

Re: Need help on how to avoid ban

#11 Post by randomguy »

if ure at ure computer while you bot or somewhere close by id reccomend a macro that notifies you when you get pmed/msgs in general chat. sometimes people will report you and have their guildies report you as well which will increase the likelyhood of u getting banned. Also try botting in sessions of 3-5 hours than log out for a few hours and repeat.

SkylorD
Moderators
Moderators

#12 Post by SkylorD »

https://github.com/Nyxvanthcal/-unknown ... /antiGM.pl

Change the array id to :

my @gm_ids = (1650290);
Learn rules

tjmdaniel
Noob
Noob
Noob?: Yes

#13 Post by tjmdaniel »

Anyone knows if the gm keeps track of IP addresses ?

My accounts are banned almost every Tuesday.

goneaway1
Noob
Noob

#14 Post by goneaway1 »

had a strange incident where two of my bots were PMed by a GM, but neither have been banned
has anyone had anything like this happen? should i care? any advice on what to do?

feel free to PM me if you don't want to post publicly.
tjmdaniel wrote:Anyone knows if the gm keeps track of IP addresses ?
i have a feeling that GMs do keep track of IP addresses and multiple logins from the same address.
bots in parties with other bots also draw a large amount of attention.
if your account has been banned for botting before, especially many times with the one creation IP, you are likely on some sort of "hot list"

my advice would be to bot "smart" - have multiple bots running only for a few hours a day at select times.
either that, or you can buy/use a free VPN to bot on new accounts, created with new e-mails and different IPs.
free VPNs won't get you the greatest speeds, but they're good enough to bot safely without disconnecting.

edit: forgot to mention that until recently (and maybe they still do this), GMs used to live-ban bots on stream on a Tuesday.
the safest bet is to simply avoid botting on tuesday, but there are other precautions you can take too.

Kingkong5
Noob
Noob

#15 Post by Kingkong5 »

goneaway1 wrote:had a strange incident where two of my bots were PMed by a GM, but neither have been banned
has anyone had anything like this happen? should i care? any advice on what to do?

feel free to PM me if you don't want to post publicly.
i have a feeling that GMs do keep track of IP addresses and multiple logins from the same address.
bots in parties with other bots also draw a large amount of attention.
if your account has been banned for botting before, especially many times with the one creation IP, you are likely on some sort of "hot list"

my advice would be to bot "smart" - have multiple bots running only for a few hours a day at select times.
either that, or you can buy/use a free VPN to bot on new accounts, created with new e-mails and different IPs.
free VPNs won't get you the greatest speeds, but they're good enough to bot safely without disconnecting.

edit: forgot to mention that until recently (and maybe they still do this), GMs used to live-ban bots on stream on a Tuesday.
the safest bet is to simply avoid botting on tuesday, but there are other precautions you can take too.
Hello, sir. How do use VPN for openkore?

goneaway1
Noob
Noob

#16 Post by goneaway1 »

Kingkong5 wrote: Hello, sir. How do use VPN for openkore?
using a vpn is simple
most vpns that you can sign up for have .exe that you can download
after installing, when you run it, you choose your desired server and turn the VPN on
all of your internet traffic will be routed through the server you chose.
most free vpns (like tunnelbear) have this kind of program

if you don't want ALL of your internet traffic to go through the vpn (you still want to browse the web, or play another game, etc, while botting) there are other options
but, as far as i know, only xKore has the proxy option
find an anonymous/secure proxy, test that it is online/working (either use cmd/terminal to ping the proxy, or put the ip/port into your internet browser's proxy settings)
then, you can set up the proxy on xKore in config.txt using xKore_listenIp, xKore_listenPort, xKore_publicIP

but... unless you are REALLY hardcore botting, it seems that iRO GMs don't check for item transfers between accounts.
this may be wrong, but it seems they are only targetting zeny sellers (real money trading) rather than small-time botters

goneaway1
Noob
Noob

#17 Post by goneaway1 »

i posted some of these on another thread for someone asking for tips to avoid a ban... but realised these tips are not in this thread
so here we go! ;)

here are some common sense tips to help you minimise your chance of a ban:
1. do not bot 24/7
2. try to bot at the same time every day, only for a few hours. if you want to bot 24/7, rotate between bots (e.g 1 for 7am-12pm, 1 for 12pm-5pm, another for 5pm-12am, and another that for 12am-7am)
3. find a way to get items/zeny to your main account that is NOT just dropping items/trading between chars
4. consider adding an auto-response to any PMs you get, maybe "sry i dont english" and then "?" for every msg after that
5. if you have been banned before, keep a record of your logs. make sure you know what time the GM pm'd, tested, or banned you, so you can learn from it.
6. avoid maps with many legit players. check the bot report forum section for your server regularly... check which maps are being watched, and avoid them. GMs check these maps randomly.
7. consider making your bot teleport if any other players are on screen (this only works for maps with almost no players, but is very successful - players have a hard time reporting you)

if you combine these tips with a proxy/vpn (especially #3, #5 and #6) you should have a VERY low chance of being banned
and even if your bots get banned... your storage should be safe! :D

it all really depends on why you are botting... if you are botting for zeny, you can have many disposable bots... who cares if they get banned?
if you are botting for levels... you should be very careful if you want to play these as legit chars later
if you are botting for cards/gear... it's a mix of the two... but you should accept the fact that sooner or later, your bots will be found

PS: i personally feel that avoidGM is quite useless... unless you have a maya purple card :D usually a GM will follow you as invis before trying to do any tests on you... so before they PM you, they already know you are likely to be botting

Lightout89
Noob
Noob
Noob?: Yes

#18 Post by Lightout89 »

I don't know about you guys, but I've only been botting for a couple weeks now and got 7 of my accounts banned today - on a MONDAY. So it doesn't really matter what day you're botting it seems.

Oh and it's a temp ban of a little over 3 years btw.

SkylorD
Moderators
Moderators

#19 Post by SkylorD »

And well if your server is really low, with low players, u will be banned more fast than the light.

I really think about customized packets, without errors, just to verify if it's bot or no. Something as sync_packets as bRO was using.
According with fr3dbr it was made to timeout the client. But i believe if someone don't want to timeout the client, but just check with second intentions. :D
Learn rules

Niodan
Plain Yogurt
Plain Yogurt

#20 Post by Niodan »

are you saying in 2016? or 2017?

well any tuesday before 2017 GM Oda does public bot banning on twitch live stream. Im not sure if you know that.
but GM Oda left WarpPortal the end of 2016, so you should not be getting ban on tuesday.