International

Moderator: Moderators

Niodan
Plain Yogurt
Plain Yogurt
Noob?: No

Re: Need help on how to avoid ban

#21 Post by Niodan »

Lightout89 wrote:I don't know about you guys, but I've only been botting for a couple weeks now and got 7 of my accounts banned today - on a MONDAY. So it doesn't really matter what day you're botting it seems.

Oh and it's a temp ban of a little over 3 years btw.
Yes you are right, Days dont really matter, GM team still checks on holidays too like Christmas December 25 even new years eve.

it's the "time matter"

Niodan
Plain Yogurt
Plain Yogurt

#22 Post by Niodan »

randomguy wrote:if ure at ure computer while you bot or somewhere close by id reccomend a macro that notifies you when you get pmed/msgs in general chat. sometimes people will report you and have their guildies report you as well which will increase the likelyhood of u getting banned. Also try botting in sessions of 3-5 hours than log out for a few hours and repeat.

Yes, 3-5 hours are okay,
but having several people report you doesn't really increase the likelyhood of getting ban

Niodan
Plain Yogurt
Plain Yogurt

#23 Post by Niodan »

goneaway1 wrote:had a strange incident where two of my bots were PMed by a GM, but neither have been banned
has anyone had anything like this happen? should i care? any advice on what to do?

feel free to PM me if you don't want to post publicly.
tjmdaniel wrote:Anyone knows if the gm keeps track of IP addresses ?
My accounts are banned almost every Tuesday.
i have a feeling that GMs do keep track of IP addresses and multiple logins from the same address.
bots in parties with other bots also draw a large amount of attention.
if your account has been banned for botting before, especially many times with the one creation IP, you are likely on some sort of "hot list"

my advice would be to bot "smart" - have multiple bots running only for a few hours a day at select times.
either that, or you can buy/use a free VPN to bot on new accounts, created with new e-mails and different IPs.
free VPNs won't get you the greatest speeds, but they're good enough to bot safely without disconnecting.

edit: forgot to mention that until recently (and maybe they still do this), GMs used to live-ban bots on stream on a Tuesday.
the safest bet is to simply avoid botting on tuesday, but there are other precautions you can take too.

First of all, GM dont keep track of IPs, they really dont.
Second you're right about botting few hours, and VPN helps you half and half, say if you two set of bots, you can use IP 1 to bot A Set, and IP 2 to bot B Set. BUT, if there are any trading between A Set and B Set, then sorry, doesnt matter which IP you are one, A set and B set will all get ban. Using different VPN to create WarpPortal account or Game account doesnt help.

Niodan
Plain Yogurt
Plain Yogurt

#24 Post by Niodan »

goneaway1 wrote:i posted some of these on another thread for someone asking for tips to avoid a ban... but realised these tips are not in this thread
so here we go! ;)

here are some common sense tips to help you minimise your chance of a ban:
1. do not bot 24/7
Correct, but if you have strong macro, you can 24/7

2. try to bot at the same time every day, only for a few hours. if you want to bot 24/7, rotate between bots (e.g 1 for 7am-12pm, 1 for 12pm-5pm, another for 5pm-12am, and another that for 12am-7am)
No, you may as well just bot all your bots. because if you get caught in one of the period, all you accounts are ban. There is a reason why on the warpportal forum they ask people to report the map, date/time, and description of character.

3. find a way to get items/zeny to your main account that is NOT just dropping items/trading between chars
Check this thread http://forums.openkore.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=211817
4. consider adding an auto-response to any PMs you get, maybe "sry i dont english" and then "?" for every msg after that
Yes, you need to have this, not just consider
5. if you have been banned before, keep a record of your logs. make sure you know what time the GM pm'd, tested, or banned you, so you can learn from it.
It's all random, there isnt a specific time of when the GM comes, it like traffic police officer, you just dont know when and where they'll check you
6. avoid maps with many legit players. check the bot report forum section for your server regularly... check which maps are being watched, and avoid them. GMs check these maps randomly.
Yes, You're right
7. consider making your bot teleport if any other players are on screen (this only works for maps with almost no players, but is very successful - players have a hard time reporting you)
Half and Half, sometimes player is still able to catch your name
if you combine these tips with a proxy/vpn (especially #3, #5 and #6) you should have a VERY low chance of being banned
and even if your bots get banned... your storage should be safe! :D

it all really depends on why you are botting... if you are botting for zeny, you can have many disposable bots... who cares if they get banned?
if you are botting for levels... you should be very careful if you want to play these as legit chars later
if you are botting for cards/gear... it's a mix of the two... but you should accept the fact that sooner or later, your bots will be found

PS: i personally feel that avoidGM is quite useless... unless you have a maya purple card :D usually a GM will follow you as invis before trying to do any tests on you... so before they PM you, they already know you are likely to be botting

avoidGM it is useless.
maya purple card does not help at all
There are three type of GMs
1. WP GM, they just hanging around always invisible and never show themself, they check on players on random map.
2. WP Public GM (ex. Astra), they check on the maps that players given in the forum at the specific time and find the character according to the descriptions.
3. WP Support GM, they only check on the players who are reported by the ticket with exact name (Regard of the map), therefore, they dont check anyone else on the same map, only that player. (This is the Reason why the forum said "High-Eng" or "Smart" Bot must be report through ticket")

handspoof
Plain Yogurt
Plain Yogurt
Noob?: Yes

#25 Post by handspoof »

Niodan wrote: First of all, GM dont keep track of IPs, they really dont.
Second you're right about botting few hours, and VPN helps you half and half, say if you two set of bots, you can use IP 1 to bot A Set, and IP 2 to bot B Set. BUT, if there are any trading between A Set and B Set, then sorry, doesnt matter which IP you are one, A set and B set will all get ban. Using different VPN to create WarpPortal account or Game account doesnt help.
From my experience, it won't applied when you trade on different dates. I only got A caught when A is online botting while B is safe when B is offline in a week... Simply put, you can do everything like trades, 24/7 macros, but once you do, don't use them to botting in few days... #2 is basically strong advice...

For thread starter: you're doing bad if you get banned multiple times in a row. My record from 2014 is only 2 times ban for 3 years. If you believe farming zeny is effective by selling strawberries, you're 100% wrong....

I don't guarantee this method but basically Alchemist with Homunculus can trick legit players if you set the character not attacking the monsters and only picking certain loots because the legit homunculus AI script can be modified in similar behavior...

Glikadin
Human
Human

#26 Post by Glikadin »

- GMs have black list of IPs . Dont register new account after blocking, change ip ;
- Dont use bots more tham 11 hours per day ;
- Transfer items from bot can initiate a GM check, But if after that you will not use the bot for about a week, You can stay whole ;
- When registering new account, clear the cookies in your browser before and after changing ip ;
- Do not allow your bot to drop items .

After the account is blocked, the GM start checking, Your accounts may be blocked for the following reasons:
- Bot IP is associated with other accounts ;
- Suspicious transactions, transfer of items from bot account (They can find all bot accounts if you are careless) .

Good luck ; )

troypogs777
Plain Yogurt
Plain Yogurt

#27 Post by troypogs777 »

where do you put the macro on the anti gm? just in the plugin folder?

troypogs777
Plain Yogurt
Plain Yogurt

#28 Post by troypogs777 »

SkylorD wrote:https://github.com/Nyxvanthcal/-unknown ... /antiGM.pl

Change the array id to :

my @gm_ids = (1650290);
just put this in the plugin folder directly sir?

Niodan
Plain Yogurt
Plain Yogurt

#29 Post by Niodan »

# AntiGM
# Author: otaku
# License: GNU GPL v3
#
# OVERVIEW
#
# This is a plugin to avoid some common GM tests on the bRO server.
# Sometimes the GM will talk to you through the system chat, sometimes through PMs
# and sometimes he'll just speak through the public chat. Amongst other tests.
# It identifies the GM and disconnects if he is talking to/testing you.

Please dont put this in your bot...because the GM list are from bRO, not from iRO
you are suppose to write your own anti GM in macro.

troypogs777
Plain Yogurt
Plain Yogurt

#30 Post by troypogs777 »

Man, i got banned again. 7 at once got banned. How do other people do 24/7 and not get banned its so annoying i'm running out of ideas.