International

Moderator: Moderators

zexeta
Plain Yogurt
Plain Yogurt
Noob?: No

Re:start possible new banning tactic?

#1 Post by zexeta »

I just noticed my bot dancing around the southern portal out of morocc with tons of other bots. The portal seems to of been disabled in order to catch bots. I looked and there was a 99 novice(Catniptor) there saying GMs on the way. He seems to be some sort of helper for the GMs. Said he had to get back to maintenance tasks then left. Also claimed GMs were there invisible. I don't see how someone could remotely be a 99 novice at this point so its clearly some sort of GM account.

How can we configure our bots to not keep jumping on the portals endlessly?

troypogs777
Plain Yogurt
Plain Yogurt
Noob?: Yes

Re: Re:start possible new banning tactic?

#2 Post by troypogs777 »

zexeta wrote:I just noticed my bot dancing around the southern portal out of morocc with tons of other bots. The portal seems to of been disabled in order to catch bots. I looked and there was a 99 novice(Catniptor) there saying GMs on the way. He seems to be some sort of helper for the GMs. Said he had to get back to maintenance tasks then left. Also claimed GMs were there invisible. I don't see how someone could remotely be a 99 novice at this point so its clearly some sort of GM account.

Hmm. A 99 Novice means its a character created by a GM, and yes GM's have perma invi. They can hunt, follow, observe chars that are suspected bots and ban them.

zexeta
Plain Yogurt
Plain Yogurt

#3 Post by zexeta »

troypogs777 wrote:
zexeta wrote:I just noticed my bot dancing around the southern portal out of morocc with tons of other bots. The portal seems to of been disabled in order to catch bots. I looked and there was a 99 novice(Catniptor) there saying GMs on the way. He seems to be some sort of helper for the GMs. Said he had to get back to maintenance tasks then left. Also claimed GMs were there invisible. I don't see how someone could remotely be a 99 novice at this point so its clearly some sort of GM account.

Hmm. A 99 Novice means its a character created by a GM, and yes GM's have perma invi. They can hunt, follow, observe chars that are suspected bots and ban them.
Yeah im aware of what GMs can do. I am simply pointing out what he was saying so people can keep an eye out for this person since he can clearly talk to the GMs.

Edit:
Bot just detected perfectly hidden player iRO GM 88 :)

Edit:
Catniptor is now talking in server broadcast, so yes might want to set your bots to alert you when hes around.

rentard
Noob
Noob

#4 Post by rentard »

zexeta wrote:
troypogs777 wrote:

Yeah im aware of what GMs can do. I am simply pointing out what he was saying so people can keep an eye out for this person since he can clearly talk to the GMs.

Edit:
Bot just detected perfectly hidden player iRO GM 88 :)

Edit:
Catniptor is now talking in server broadcast, so yes might want to set your bots to alert you when hes around.
Is that the literal name of the player? What about account id?
Can we get a list of iro gms to set our avoidance methods for?

handspoof
Plain Yogurt
Plain Yogurt
Noob?: Yes

#5 Post by handspoof »

Catniptor is another WP staff that really using Novice character. So he is indirect GM staff....

This name is known if you visit forums.warpportal.com. Please track their threads, if this forum filled by newbie questions that one is filled by map reports. They also used to use livestream to interact with players while banning bot as well...

SkylorD
Moderators
Moderators

#6 Post by SkylorD »

https://github.com/moneyisgod/My-Plugin ... /antiGM.pl

Gm id are inside grf in clientinfo file. admin tags
Learn rules