International

Moderator: Moderators

NeedBetterConfig
Noob
Noob
Noob?: No

Need clarification: avoidGM & ID's: server.grf + clientinfo

#1 Post by NeedBetterConfig »

Recently banned on one of my bots; that's okay its a learning experience and I have done some more reading on what to do properly for next time.

Anyways:
- For avoidGM_namePattern it is suppose to be this? ^([a-z]?ro)?-?(Sub)?-?\[?GM\]? (without the / as indicated on the openkore wiki), right? As that is what I had including the avoidGM_near set to 1, but it did not work properly for some reason.
Admitting I was PM'd by a GM and had avoidGM_talk set to 0, but shouldn't I disconnect due to the name pattern enabled initially?

- For getting ID's I understand I need to download GRF Tools which I did and need to open my server grf files and/or find my clientinfo.xml.
But where exactly is this clientinfo.xml or server grf? I found data.grf and event.grf in the basic installation folder, checked the data folder directory and did a 'search' on my computer for clientinfo.xml and server.grf and still no results.

- Random Question: If lets say I have Magnum Break, Bash and Bowling Bash in config.txt and in that descending order, all enabled to be used when aggressive are greater or equal to 3. What priority does it activate in? all of them? or does it skip out on some skills?

As with lockMap forgetting to close one with the # it would take the last one listed, and was wondering if it is the same with skills and just in general in the config file.

Thanks in advance.

hakore
Super Moderators
Super Moderators

Re: Need clarification: avoidGM & ID's: server.grf + clientinfo

#2 Post by hakore »

1. While avoidGM_near and avoidGM_talk refers to avoidGM_namePattern for name matching, these two options are independent and you need to enable each of them. avoidGM_near won't trigger when the GM doesn't show himself on your screen.

2. Open data.grf using GRF Tool and search clientinfo inside.

3. The blocks will be checked one by one from top to bottom. The first skill found whose conditions are met will be used. If the first block's conditions are eternally always met, the rest of the blocks below will never be used.

4. I didn't get you. Do you mean comment lines preceded by "#"? Anyways, for inline config options (one-liner), multiple appearances of the same option will overwrite the first, so yeah, the last one will govern. In block options, each block is given a unique index, none is overwritten or bypassed. So if you specified 3 blocks for the same skill, openkore will recognize 3 blocks for that skill.
Whatever...

NeedBetterConfig
Noob
Noob

#3 Post by NeedBetterConfig »

hakore wrote:1. While avoidGM_near and avoidGM_talk refers to avoidGM_namePattern for name matching, these two options are independent and you need to enable each of them. avoidGM_near won't trigger when the GM doesn't show himself on your screen.

2. Open data.grf using GRF Tool and search clientinfo inside.

3. The blocks will be checked one by one from top to bottom. The first skill found whose conditions are met will be used. If the first block's conditions are eternally always met, the rest of the blocks below will never be used.

4. I didn't get you. Do you mean comment lines preceded by "#"? Anyways, for inline config options (one-liner), multiple appearances of the same option will overwrite the first, so yeah, the last one will govern. In block options, each block is given a unique index, none is overwritten or bypassed. So if you specified 3 blocks for the same skill, openkore will recognize 3 blocks for that skill.
Thank you for the reply, i'll check them out and make the appropriate corrections. Just wanted to give thanks first.

NeedBetterConfig
Noob
Noob

#4 Post by NeedBetterConfig »

Just a quick question again:

If I have 'Bot A' and 'Bot B' and will bot within a 4 hour cycle (<-- for simplicity rather then saying a 24 hour cycle) for a botting time of 2 hours max on either.

Would if better to:
1) Bot both together during hours 0 to 2, then rest from 2-4 or

2) Bot A bot hours 0 to 2 then rest from 2-4, while Bot B rests from 0 to 2, then bots from 2-4. So they alternate

Is there a difference?

Reason I ask is, how exactly does RO/Gravity determine your 'botting time'?

Assuming this is on the same IP (since im not using anything special like VPN not sure how to do that or anything sort of special connections yet).
Would RO/Gravity see scenario 2 and say hey this individual is playing for 4 hours, since there is incoming data from this IP the 'entire time' or is there no difference since botting time between the two are equal? or would it be better to do scenario 2 since there is not a large amount of data coming in 'all at once'.

TL;DR: Best way to split bots up, time wise?

hakore
Super Moderators
Super Moderators

#5 Post by hakore »

Just dropped to ask: if that's what you considered a "quick question", how long would a regular question supposed to be like?

On-topic: guys from your server are best to answer. My thought: if you can make your bot look and act the way you would if you are playing manually, it's better. Most, if not all, botters can easily distinguish between bots and manual players. Use that instict.
Whatever...

NeedBetterConfig
Noob
Noob

#6 Post by NeedBetterConfig »

hakore wrote:Just dropped to ask: if that's what you considered a "quick question", how long would a regular question supposed to be like?

On-topic: guys from your server are best to answer. My thought: if you can make your bot look and act the way you would if you are playing manually, it's better. Most, if not all, botters can easily distinguish between bots and manual players. Use that instict.
Sorry it was initially a quick question, but then I kept changing it as to be more concise on what I was asking compared to what I usually read (cancer, broken english, lack of information or a mix of all 3) on these forums. :p

Yes that is what I am trying to go for to make my bots more so human then to autoloot set to the highest speed, moving on death, standpoints, using breaktime, autoConfChange etc.

Hm, yes that is also true. I usually I can tell who the botters are looking at the cmd prompt, usually people with the same name patterns or follow priests are a big give away, among other things like how there is a huge text of them buffing each other in a party with blacksmith skills, or even looking at the distance of when they use it and who they affect.

I see what your saying but hm.. well I still don't know the answer to the question on how they would determine it, but I guess if it was more human like; both wouldn't be applicable in a sense; that no individual can play on multiple accounts at once (scenario 1) or playing for an extended period of time and alternating accounts (10+) either (scenario 2), which leaves me to think of another solution..
Like 10 bots play an hour each for 10 hours total, as it uses all accounts and has realistic play time, but at that point it probably would just be better to have 1 or 2 bots just play for an equivalent time as to avoid the hassle of config changes, account making, equipment, job changes, etc. So hmm.. what am I missing.

Oh anyways thanks for the reply and dropping by gives me more things to contemplate over and how to approach the situation.

handspoof
Plain Yogurt
Plain Yogurt
Noob?: Yes

#7 Post by handspoof »

All GM care is if they verify characters are using bots they ban it. It doesn't matter if you bot for 24 hours or even days, you can be unlucky to turn on bots then 5 minutes later GM visit your map...

I'm also using split bot meaning shifting accounts to bot while others are offline... You just need split your farm equally and take notes of valuable drops so if you get cards for example I will turn it off and use other accounts for days. Make a time to trade your card to main account before that one can bot again...