How to avoid account bans?

International

Moderator: Moderators

Themenace
Noob
Noob

How to avoid account bans?

#1 Post by Themenace »

So basically I want to know how they traced the bot to my main acc :P..was botting on Sakray.
I probably took for granted that having identical personal info to my main account, when creating a trial account is a bad idea :P (thought i wouldn't matter /pif)
I assume they just connected the dots..yeah i'm an idiot lol.

These are the steps I took to avoid a ban (obviously not enough :P) When I received the ban i was just vending in pront..while i was eating breakfast..not very nice to come back and see account login screen xD.. /sigh
- Created a separate e-mail address for every trial account botted, not very similar to my main acc's e-mail.
- When sending botted items to my main acc i would drop on ground and have the main acc pickup so there is no trade log. (I would think)
- Never told anybody that I was botting, or anything (obviously)

So how do you guys successfully bot and avoid your main acc's getting banned? Just curious..
Would you just not recommend botting trial accounts?
Would it be pointless to start paying for another account..like to they record your IP in a "has botted" list? xD

Bibian
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

Re: How to avoid account bans?

#2 Post by Bibian »

they look at what accounts are on the same IP then look in the logs what items have been aquired by the bot(s).
then they see if you happen to pickup the same item the moment it was dropped. This is all logged

In Aegis, most things do not have a traceable ID, except equipment (shoes, mufflers, etc). Cards, Misc items and usable items do not have these.
But they do show in the log as being picked up. With the time, map, x and y coords. They can also see if a certain item has been vended, sold to npc or bought from an NPC.
Their log goes back about 3~4 months usually depending on how much they want to save. usually 3 months.

Themenace
Noob
Noob

#3 Post by Themenace »

It's pretty crazy that they goto all this trouble..seeing as how if no one botted there would be hardly any cards on the market..and they would all be ridiculously priced..do they honestly expect you to sit at a computer for 15 hours a day for a week killing the same monster for one item drop? And some cards are pretty much required to level a class..IE: vitata card for mages..

Anyway..so trading items from trial account bots is probably going to get you banned faster than say..botting your main account? The only problem with that is..you can't vend if your botting..but i guess that's a sacrifice i'm willing to make to avoid perm bans..

So..any tips from you experienced botters..on how to avoid bans? I'm thinking about just not botting and playing on a mid/high rate private server.. /shrug

aznbob00
Noob
Noob

#4 Post by aznbob00 »

Currently it's almost impossible to bot on iro without getting ban. Since the implementation of kafra items Gravity have the financial resource to IP ban people connected to bots. My advice would to only bot if you have nothing to lose or bot only when you are at the computer.

Themenace
Noob
Noob

#5 Post by Themenace »

Bummer :s
botting only while your at the computer kind of defeats the purpose of botting lol.

Motivus
Developers
Developers
Noob?: Yes

#6 Post by Motivus »

Register trials with a proxy, or only trial bot while you have a different ip from your main account.

They will notice the number of accounts registered eventually.

To avoid main account bans from paid accounts avoid direct deals, especially with easily tracable things. My honest advice is just to launder the money some how, or stop botting the paid account before you transfer anything to your main account.

They will not ban your main account out of no where, even if an account on the same ip was banned, as long as there was no interaction. Any form of account interaction or mass registration is a risk.
Oh no.

Botz22
Noob
Noob

#7 Post by Botz22 »

I dont think this is good idea to post a topic like this gm's are usually checking this website if you really want to succeed read the manual and pray hopefully you wont be caught, botting in iRO is 50/50 chance no assurance if you will succeed

Lone Wolf
Noob
Noob

#8 Post by Lone Wolf »

In my experience I have done a few tricks to help get around being banned.

One of them is to find out of you have a Static or Dynamic IP from your ISP. If you are lucky, like me (this is also unlucky in some cases), you can just reset your modem whenever you are going to run the bot and it will assign you a new IP address. This will allow you to throw the GMs off your trail to your main account. Simply when you want to connect back to RO on your main account, reset the modem again and wallah you have a different IP that should not be traceable.

Another one is to include a 'middleman' in the process. Having 3 accounts works wonders if you simply drop the items, wait a moment, and then pick them up on the 'middleman' and then log out of them both, give it a few minutes, then reset IP (skip this step if you can't reset IP), and then you can log into the middleman and drop/deal the items to your main account.

One step I always took was to use this 'middleman' as my 'mule' account. I had a vend slave on the account that could vend while I played RO on my main account, or botted. This was a bit risky as it would link my IP together, however as long as you would reset you IP like I can it should help. Once the botted items sell, simply transfer the zeny to your main account if needed, or keep it all on the middleman account and buy items you need, then trade them over. It creates a trail that is very difficult for the GMs to follow if done correctly!

Emeriss
Noob
Noob
Noob?: No

#9 Post by Emeriss »

I'm not sure exactly how you got banned but my friend and I have been using this bot for awhile now. He's botted his char to 99 before and I've been botting mine for quite some time as well. My friend recently got his account banned but for a reason that was really bad and dumb on his part. He paid for a character name change and he happened to bot the same night right after he requested such a change. Naturally, he found out that he was banned the next morning and visualkore caught the chat log and the GM was basically telling his character over and over that he would be suspended if he did not respond. My friend sent the GM team an email making up a story of his non-English speaking friend playing on his account, but they did not believe it. They responded saying:

"The tests that we perform are recognizable to all players and we give considerable time for players to react like a human controlled account will."

I'm assuming they probably ported his char to some place or gave him a pop-up msg to which the bot obviously could not respond to, or some sort of "test" like that.

Anyway, considering all of this, I was wondering if the GM's have ways to detect visualkore as a 3rd party program itself, or if they can only detect bot-users based on suspicious behavior and tests they run on the player..

sli
Perl Monk
Perl Monk
Noob?: No

#10 Post by sli »

Themenace wrote:do they honestly expect you to sit at a computer for 15 hours a day for a week killing the same monster for one item drop?
Never played WoW before, have you?
cs : ee : realist