Using Kore in proxy mode to connect remotely

Discussion about everything RO and OpenKore related. This place is NOT for ANY kind of support questions.

Moderator: Moderators

Sandeth
Noob
Noob
Noob?: No

Using Kore in proxy mode to connect remotely

#1 Post by Sandeth »

Hi,

I would like to use Kore in proxy mode on a shell account to connect and play remotely, kind of like an IRC bouncer. I was just wondering if anyone has done this before. I would like to hear about it. And if you can recommend any good shell accounts or anything that are good for Kore?

kali
OpenKore Monk
OpenKore Monk

Re: Using Kore in proxy mode to connect remotely

#2 Post by kali »

Done that before.

Nothing that hard. If you actually understand what you're talking about, it's nothing more complicated than setting an IRC bouncer.

A shell with root accounts would be the best, since you might need to compile some libraries. Otherwise, you can probably cross compile for the architecture the shell is on.

If you're interested I can send you an affiliate link (hint, hint) of the current VPS I'm using. It handles kore very well (my friend uses it to run three bots, and I'm using it to host a few teamspeak servers, some forums, a tor node, and an irc client).
Got your topic trashed by a mod?

Trashing topics is one click, and moving a topic to its proper forum is a lot harder. You expend the least effort in deciding where to post, mods expend the least effort by trashing.

Have a nice day.