how to make a pc can support up running 100 bot?

Discussion about everything RO and OpenKore related. This place is NOT for ANY kind of support questions.

Moderator: Moderators

Federalist
Noob
Noob
Noob?: No

Re: how to make a pc can support up running 100 bot?

#61 Post by Federalist »

If I had one of those SUN boxes, I'd set up an RO server with 2,000 bots, all running Kadiliman, all conversing with each other.

:D

leozhai
Plain Yogurt
Plain Yogurt
Noob?: Yes

#62 Post by leozhai »

using win7 64bit with 8G ram..

going try on server board
2x processor
16G ram

Cozzie
Spam Generator
Spam Generator

#63 Post by Cozzie »

Heh come on, just be frank and tell us the exact spec and stop beating around the bush.

Now... on to the serious question? how are the performance of the bot? Do they experience reduction in performance? Also, what optimization did you do to the bots? Finally, did you do the job change quest manually?

If you wish to seriously rush so many bots, run it on a minimalist linux distro, you can get WAY better performance. Oh, please dont tell me all you crazy bot army people are in iro valk.
Make Openkore Awesome. Join the team.

kLabMouse
Administrator
Administrator

#64 Post by kLabMouse »

Cozzie wrote:Heh come on, just be frank and tell us the exact spec and stop beating around the bush.

Now... on to the serious question? how are the performance of the bot? Do they experience reduction in performance? Also, what optimization did you do to the bots? Finally, did you do the job change quest manually?

If you wish to seriously rush so many bots, run it on a minimalist linux distro, you can get WAY better performance. Oh, please dont tell me all you crazy bot army people are in iro valk.
Better use OpenKore 1.6 or less.
Patch to use new Proto.
This way, you will be able to run 100+ instances on usual Hardware.

P.S. And YES, You will not get any Support on old Versions.

Cozzie
Spam Generator
Spam Generator

#65 Post by Cozzie »

What is the reason for the increase in performance requirements?

kigusswong
Noob
Noob

#66 Post by kigusswong »

I wonder how they do it.
Anyone else can do it? Mind to share it here? :ugeek:

Q1: Linux can support up to how many gig of RAM? :roll:
Q2: Window xp maximum supported RAM is 3gb? How to determine the window maximum supported RAM? :roll:

Sid
Noob
Noob

#67 Post by Sid »

It might be possible. But Why to run so much bots? If same work can be done from 5 to 15 bots. Running that many bots from same IP can create problems. If you are good in making better boting configs/macro then you won't ever require more than 5-6 bot.
Visit My Blog

undefinedx
Noob
Noob

#68 Post by undefinedx »

This forum I presume was made with for the intension of discussion and educational purposes. Why so many people would love to leave a negative comment, I dunno. I mean if you're not going to provide any helpful feedback why bother posting at all?

anyway, question:
How would 100 bots ruin the economy?
[Add Signature Here]

Cozzie
Spam Generator
Spam Generator

#69 Post by Cozzie »

undefinedx wrote:This forum I presume was made with for the intension of discussion and educational purposes. Why so many people would love to leave a negative comment, I dunno. I mean if you're not going to provide any helpful feedback why bother posting at all?

anyway, question:
How would 100 bots ruin the economy?
Because it can. running a bot army is a frowned upon thing and while this thread is not locked for educational purposes, let's not kid ourselves as people are and will try to run bot armies. it really gives a single person a LOT of advantage. Think of running 100 esma linker bots at wanderer. The amount of OCAs you can obtain is ridiculous.
Sid wrote:It might be possible. But Why to run so much bots? If same work can be done from 5 to 15 bots. Running that many bots from same IP can create problems. If you are good in making better boting configs/macro then you won't ever require more than 5-6 bot.
It's much more simpler running simple configs on 100 bots rather than fine tuning 5-6 bots. In the end pure number advantage does show. 5-6 bots will not farm as well as 100 bots, obviously.
I wonder how they do it.
Anyone else can do it? Mind to share it here? :ugeek:

Q1: Linux can support up to how many gig of RAM? :roll:
Q2: Window xp maximum supported RAM is 3gb? How to determine the window maximum supported RAM? :roll:
Let's say that RAM limitation is not an issue on nix.
For windows: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... _windows_7

EternalHarvest
Developers
Developers

#70 Post by EternalHarvest »

Cozzie wrote:gameflier (cRO, twRO, mRO's management company) might not care for all i know
Possibility to successfully run a bot army (especially with "simple configs") is only server's management fault. In this case, anybody can get this "advantage" (up to the situation where not running any bots is a disadvantage). On official servers, there are additional "frowned upon" ways to get "a LOT of advantage" even without running any bots, as long as management doesn't care. There can be a corruption in so careless management, and it's only an additional way to get advantage without running any bots.