Heal only when no monsters around

Discussion about everything RO and OpenKore related. This place is NOT for ANY kind of support questions.

Moderator: Moderators

-haseo-
Noob
Noob
Noob?: No

Heal only when no monsters around

#1 Post by -haseo- »

Hello,

I want to heal myself (skill) but only when no monsters are around.
useSelf_skill [<skill name>] {
smartEncore [<boolean flag>]

# Skill Use Conditions
# Self Conditions
}
Is there any conditions for this?

stw
Noob
Noob

Re: Heal only when no monsters around

#2 Post by stw »

How about checking these out: http://openkore.com/index.php/Category:Self_Condition

Assuming you're talking about "no (aggressive) monsters attacking you" and not "no monster on your screen at all"... There are at least two ways to do this:

Code: Select all

onAction route
Certainly not the most elegant solution, I'll give you that. Nevertheless it's gonna heal whenever your NOT fighting (i.e. action = attack) anything. Routing is what Kore's doing most of the time while it's not engaged in combat, so that'll probably work out.

You might as well choose

agressives = 0
or

notMonsters yourTarget#1, yourTarget#2, ...

If you're shy and for some reason do not want any monster to see you while you're healing yourself, I don't know how this would be done. Doesn't sound very useful, though.
Hi.

-haseo-
Noob
Noob

#3 Post by -haseo- »

Hey,

it's useful in my case because I'm telesearching on a map with strong aggro monsters. When I tele into a mob of them, I really don't want to aggro them when using heal.

Maybe there's something for a macro like:

if hp < 80 % & MonsterCount (on screen) = 0 then
?

stw
Noob
Noob

#4 Post by stw »

Hmm. You do know that aggressive monsters will ignore you after a map change for like 1-2 seconds if you do not do anything
That means you can always heal yourself, aggro-ing them in the process and teleport afterwards if there are too many monsters around = attacking you (teleportAuto_minAggressivesInLock) or start attacking when there are few monsters around, respectively, without receiving any damage.

Even if your actions are delayed by the after cast delay (from using Heal), you/Kore can still teleport away immediately.
Hi.

-haseo-
Noob
Noob

#5 Post by -haseo- »

Yeah I do know about the invulnerability after teleport. I think the teleportAuto_minAggressivesInLock doesn't play a role in my setup since I use telesearch. So I will teleport after X seconds anyway (ai_teleport_idle X), no matter how many aggros there are.
heal yourself, aggro-ing them in the process and teleport afterwards
Imagine I teleport into a mob of hard hittings things, you can't get fast enough away (with teleport), I tried it. I think I have to stop idling if theres zero aggros on the screen and healing myself instead. But looks like OK doesn't work this way.

stw
Noob
Noob

#6 Post by stw »

I'm still not sure why exactly you can't use useSelf_skill Heal and teleportAuto_minAggressivesInLock.

Teleporting on idle (a.k.a. "Tele Search") does not prevent you from teleporting when there's like 5 monsters (or even one, depending on your settings) attacking you.
It does simply teleport when there's nothing else to do. For that matter, "being hit" doesn't count as "something to do".
However, you'll only teleport due to idle when those aggressives are set to ignore (mon_control) and you're not about to fight them, since otherwise you wouldn't be quite "idle".

As for the teleport thingy: Kore always can get away, mostly without being hit (if your latency isn't utter crap, that is). You just have to use the instantaneous "No SP" Teleport or Fly Wings. My first class bots teleport away from some random BB'ed Valkyrie Randgris or Ifrit or something all the time.
That's why I'm sure you can Teleport -> Land in a mob of frenzied things that are trying to eat you alive -> HEAL and teleport right away -> You're most likely not dead!
Hi.