RO Renewal

Discussion about everything RO and OpenKore related. This place is NOT for ANY kind of support questions.

Moderator: Moderators

Mur
Noob
Noob
Noob?: No

RO Renewal

#1 Post by Mur »

I was wondering if anyone else heard about the ragnarok online renewal project?

apparently they are going to give the game a facelift and change a lot of the classes and calculations

http://ragnarok-guide.com/korean-ragnar ... interview/

http://forums.irowiki.org/showthread.php?t=14155

Bibian
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

Re: RO Renewal

#2 Post by Bibian »

Code: Select all

About the bots

Dev team said they are trying to find a sure-fire way to block them. Currently nothing they can do can fix it.

They did say they will get to it, and wait for the solution to come.
lol, can i conclude from this they will give it a little work and see if they bump into any solutions? lol
The current kRO dev team is way to noob to code something that stops bots.

Look at the encrypted prefixes, when they were introduced on iRO it ook us 3 days to crack it. And what did they use? publicly available (open source) encyption algo's
If you're gonna find a way to "stop bots" atleast make your own god damn encryption... Though i dont think they understand that with enough time any encryption will be cracked.
And if we cant crack it, we can funnel openkore through the client packet send/receive functions :S

botlah
Noob
Noob

#3 Post by botlah »

funny this guy is worried more about bots. I'm more excited by the actual changes that will come. I think they are all welcome changes, and much needed since trans came in.

Anyone whos played ro since alpha or beta has seen many changes and periods where ro was actually rather balanced and fun. 1 button press 80k damage skills is not that great overall. But I'm sure the whining sinx's that have all their "uber" damage will whine and complain.

I just hope a new influx of players will drown them out. ^^

Mur
Noob
Noob

#4 Post by Mur »

well if they do what i think they are doing the bots we have currently will prob be either broken or needing to have a lot of scripting done to fix them.

But yes i am looking forward to see what they are going to do to improve the game as long as its not going to botch that which is Ragnarok.

amzarkari
Noob
Noob
Noob?: Yes

#5 Post by amzarkari »

errr....now they have elecom shield to stop openkore right? now openkore community cannot do anything to solve this problem... :mrgreen:

Bibian
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

#6 Post by Bibian »

amzarkari wrote:errr....now they have elecom shield to stop openkore right? now openkore community cannot do anything to solve this problem... :mrgreen:
Its not that nobody CAN do anything about its... its more that the people who can don't care cause its just 1 or 2 PRIVATE servers out there that use it out of thousands...
If something like this gets on official servers it will be reverse engineered by our dev(s)

amzarkari
Noob
Noob
Noob?: Yes

#7 Post by amzarkari »

oooo....that is good anwswer, as expected from our admin! heheheh/no1 by the way, how to detect whether a server use the shield or not?

botlah
Noob
Noob

#8 Post by botlah »

Mur wrote:well if they do what i think they are doing the bots we have currently will prob be either broken or needing to have a lot of scripting done to fix them.

But yes i am looking forward to see what they are going to do to improve the game as long as its not going to botch that which is Ragnarok.
Have more faith in openkore, and if your really worried start learning programming and lend openkore your time and skills to help improve it. ^^

sli
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

#9 Post by sli »

I still don't know what Elecom does. The only post I've seen about it specifically said that it forces you to use the client (ridiculous, and false). Does it essentially do the same thing as Nprotect/GG and just pass some keys around?
cs : ee : realist

Mur
Noob
Noob

#10 Post by Mur »

why don't you check out a server with it then?