I need suggestion for starting to be Openkore Developer

Discussion about everything RO and OpenKore related. This place is NOT for ANY kind of support questions.

Moderator: Moderators

Adwilath
Noob
Noob
Noob?: No

I need suggestion for starting to be Openkore Developer

#1 Post by Adwilath »

First of all, I need to say sorry that my english is so bad, :cry:

OK, as a topic, I really want to be a Openkore Developer so i try to make the understanding all of the structure of Opk.
But now, It's seem like the Opk is hard to understand because of the language and syntax that I unfamiliar with (normally, I just understand the programming language such as C Language.).

I just know that, Perl is a language was used in the Opk, is it right? and I try to find some articles or some source that will give me an idea or something useful for me, but I didnt get it yet .....

So, anyone can give me a suggestion or guide me to the correct direction? now, I feel like the blinded guys in the deep forest ...

SkylorD
Moderators
Moderators
Noob?: No

Re: I need suggestion for starting to be Openkore Developer

#2 Post by SkylorD »

Openkore is sofisticated.

It contains plugins and macros to help developers and player. And your own source code.

What you want to develop ? A macro ? A plugin ? or maintain and help Kore community ?!

Today the servers are more complicated in theory than on practice.

You need first have some idea. A long time ago, i saw some kore bugs and have not listed these.
Since you can look at plugins-to-reviews in github repository, if you review and see if it work, or add some extra function
to make the plugin better, you could be a developer with your ideas.

Well, some peoples that i know ever learned how to work with openkore kidding with macros, and plugins, and then modifying the source,
helping on serverType creation (good option), and etc... I really believe if you want to do part of this, should look at new serverTypes. But for you know how to create an serverType, you should first
learn perl, know how sT is created, how it's used, be reviewed by other developer, check if exists any conflict, and etc...
Learn rules