SouthKorean Government Amending GameLaw To CrackDown On Bots

Discussion about everything RO and OpenKore related. This place is NOT for ANY kind of support questions.

Moderator: Moderators

sli
Perl Monk
Perl Monk
Noob?: No

Re: SouthKorean Government Amending GameLaw To CrackDown On Bots

#11 Post by sli »

That precedent is too shaky. The issue with MMOGlider is that it made a copy of the WoW memory, which Blizzard decided was a violation of their copyright. Because the OS doesn't modify the memory. And doesn't copy it to the hard drive if you go into sleep mode while the client is open. Or all sorts of things that are technically illegal now that Blizzard has taken control of your PC from you, according to the courts.

The only possible thing that could ever cause an issue is XKore. That includes XKore 2 (remember: the judicial system is staffed completely by hapless technoweenies) and anything that connects OpenKore to the RO client.

tl;dr
Gravity doesn't have Blizzard's clout. Judges will essentially say, "so who the fuck are you, again, and why should we care?"
cs : ee : realist

Krai
Been there done that!
Been there done that!
Noob?: Yes

Re: SouthKorean Government Amending GameLaw To CrackDown On Bots

#12 Post by Krai »

for the record, i didn't read the whole thing BUT, i seemed to gather this from it:
The amendment which is still to be approved by the National Assembly of South Korea, stipulates that any person who creates or sells will be sentenced to fixed-term imprisonment of less than one year and in addition, be fined less than 10 million won (approximately USD 10,000).
as long as OK is not created or sold in south korea, then there is nothing to worry about. again... i didn't read the whole thing..
Don't Get Owned! Do Your Research First.
The Manual | Packet Extractor | Use Macros | Server Info Guide | Old Forum
You got banned? Krai me a fuckin river..