Moderator: Moderators

DelitaX
Human
Human
Noob?: No

botting places

#1 Post by DelitaX »

Botting Places in RO

thought i would get a thread like this going, since there doesnt seem to be one anymore.
i decided to make this thread both levelling and money making. so post anything.

so... ill post some nice places i have found in RO and the ones others contribute. ill maintain this guide as much as i can and make it look nice :)
  • Image Lvls 12-20ish - Prontera Culverts lvl1
OVERVIEW: nice place for melee classes. crowded on some servers so watch out. bring some carrots/red potions because Familiars are aggressive and can pack a punch to low levels. make sure your DEX is decent or you wont be able to hit the thief bugs well. dont attack Tarous if you are low level because they hurt.

EXP: theres a lot of thief bugs so you can get a lot of exp here but be careful, they assist each other and you can get overpowered easily.

MONEY: its okay. the cards arent worth a lot and the equip drops dont sell for much at all, but you will get a lot of worm peelings/phracons that can sell to NPC for a lot if you get a bunch of them. by a lot i mean relative to your low level. dont bother picking up iron ores they will only weigh you down after an hour or so of botting here. if your server has autoloot then you should drop iron ores when they appear in inventory, they were really annoying because they make you go overweight fast and die.
  • gef_fild05's Wild Roses (from Nakira)ImageImage
OVERVIEW: wild roses have high flee and hit fairly fast and hard, so if you aren't high level, don't bother, especially if you don't have the dex required to hit them. this place doesn't have awesome exp but it can make up for it with the money you make. best moneymakers on this map are Gank Rogues due to the extra items they get. watch out this map gets crowded and GMs often check for bots here!

EXP: not too great but certainly not insignificant. 1113 exp per Wild Rose isn't awesome. there are certainly better places but see the MONEY...

MONEY: very good money, the Witherless Roses sell very well to NPCs especially with merchant's OC. Cyfars are also nice when they accumulate.

• moc_fild18: Mukas

this area is good for farming Empty Bottles and Cactus Needles. these items can be sold to other players (SinX's use the needles for EDP, Empty Bottles are needed by Alchemists) for a nice amount if there aren't many on the market. it really depends on the server i think. you could sell at a huge discount if nobody's buying and make a nice profit.

i would say this place is primarily used for moneymaking, Muka Cards might get you a few hundred thousand too. however at lower levels i think Muka would give good exp to your character as well. i'm not sure how populated the muka map is so be careful. probably best to use a melee character here, thief's Steal or a gank rogue could drastically improve the amount of needles you get.
Last edited by DelitaX on 27 Jul 2008, 19:00, edited 8 times in total.

Nakira
Noob
Noob
Noob?: Yes

Re: botting places (levelling)

#2 Post by Nakira »

Geffen Field 5 is good for gaining money. The wild rose in there drop 'Witherless Rose' Which are worth around 27k each.
Quite common as well but are fairly strong and some characters may struggle.
EXP wise, not brilliant, but by no means rubbish.

DelitaX
Human
Human

Re: botting places

#3 Post by DelitaX »

thanks Nakira, good suggestion, just watch out because it's crowded there :) keep em coming i will add them to my original post and spruce it up. hopefully this can become the official thread and eventually a huge compilation

Xanta
Noob
Noob

#4 Post by Xanta »

Muka fields is nice and forgot what one it was but i always go to the map with most wolves.

claude
Human
Human

#5 Post by claude »

every map have different item that can collect and different class on different map have different ability
learn how to be smart using search
"If I giv u a bot I'll feed u a day, but if I teach u to bot I'll feed u for life time" --wise izh
never ever send messages to me because i won't reply .

Cozzie
Spam Generator
Spam Generator

#6 Post by Cozzie »

it's best to explain pros and cons; suitability of each map based on classes, equipments and level; and server type as each circumstances are different.
Make Openkore Awesome. Join the team.

MedicNin_Sakura
Noob
Noob

#7 Post by MedicNin_Sakura »

That's x1 in sphinx map, TU'ing Anubis. This is the best botting place for Priests and HP's atm (that is, if you already have the nameless patch). Int-type Stalkers with TU (plagiarize) can level in this map too. It's actually very easy, you just have to wear pvp equips since anubis is demi human, though undead in property. Anubis also drops the healing staff :D

Mushroom
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

#8 Post by Mushroom »

MedicNin_Sakura wrote:Image

That's x1 in sphinx map, TU'ing Anubis. This is the best botting place for Priests and HP's atm (that is, if you already have the nameless patch). Int-type Stalkers with TU (plagiarize) can level in this map too. It's actually very easy, you just have to wear pvp equips since anubis is demi human, though undead in property. Anubis also drops the healing staff :D
TUing anubis is just fast if your server don't have many people playing, because in most servers (the crowed ones) the maps are always full of ksers and bot hunters ''/
When I search a map to bot I usually look at the monster's hp, exp, elements, drops...
Learning and creating macros helps ALOT leveling.
Quit.

Haraku
Noob
Noob

#9 Post by Haraku »

Learning and creating plugins helps more. :>
It's bread.

Private server guide:
1. Use SVN
2. serverType 8, 8_1-4
3. Update recvpackets
3. ???
4. Profit

Kirby
Noob
Noob
Noob?: Yes

headgear market speculation

#10 Post by Kirby »

by botting in the correct maps, it is possible to easily create headgears that requires a lot of items to produce. example:

go mjolnir_01 for cocos. they're weak, the experience is low, the card is almost useless, but with 1k acorns, you can make an interesting headgear, and might be able to sell it elsewhere.
watch all the bad guys from knights of the round fall down in youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYrgZOHDBXw