Forum closed. Read only permissions.

Moderator: Moderators

entrycode
Noob
Noob
Noob?: Yes

Botting on Valkyrie - Guide

#1 Post by entrycode »

Hey guys! This is my first guide, and I'm not very experienced. This guide will serve you well, and you'll be rich and have a high level character in no time! :D

1 thing you need to know- I love to bot overnight, and I love botting while I'm away at school. This way, you get a surprise when you return to your computer. This method has it's ups and downs. Ups? You're busy while your bot does all the work! Downs? You can't really monitor your bot. My bot got up to 90% weight once, and I didn't get a single level while I was sleeping. </3

ANYWAY, back to the point. This is a basic guide, nothing too detailed. Also, depending on your class, money, etc, these areas I mention may or may not be as effective as hoped!

The basics...Novice to 1st Class! :
-I highly suggest you manually make a character, and go through the training grounds process. This avoids much unnecessary configuration. What I mean by the "Training Grounds Process" is speaking to the NPC's. NOT hunting monsters.
So yeah. Take your novice into the fighting area, and do everything you need to do. Hunt the poring, and do the quest assigned by your class's NPC. Simple enough. Then, simply configure your bot to use a Novice Potion whenever it's health gets to 65% or lower. This keeps you alive, and doesn't have you spamming potions.

-I even botted overnight here! It's not necessary, but it's less work for the time you may not have. After a couple of hours on the map with Porings, Drops, etc, my Novice was in the mid teens. Very good. Go change classes, and now the fun starts.

A little harder...1st Class to 2nd Class! :
-It's recommended that you have a previous character, like I did. If your previous character has money, give some to the bot, and go buy yourself some gears and items. From the mid teens to the high twenties, orange potions will do just fine. Gear up and move out.

-MAP CHOICE. Possibly the most important thing in botting. Remember, the map has to be bottable. You can't expect a level 15 bot to run around massacreing Goats. Obviously. Start simple. I always prefer to bot maps a couple levels lower than my bot, maybe 3 or 4. This provides targets that won't kill you, and still provide decent experience.

-12 - 20, I suggest...
Hornets, 1 map west of Prontera.
Spores, wormtails, etc, 1 map east of Payon. <----- These are all good choices, which offer good exp and a safe place.
Rockers, 1 map south and 1 map west of Prontera.

-20 - 35, I suggest...
Spores, same map as mentioned above.
Bigfoots, 1 map east and 1 south of Payon.
Peco Pecos, 2 maps south of Prontera.

35 - 50, I suggest...
Peco Pecos!! Bot these bad boys overnight. They provide GREAT exp, and a nice card too!

50 - 60, I suggest...
WOLVES!! 1 map south and 1 map west of Payon. Configure your bot carefully, as these mob up pretty easily. I suggest using the Aggression / Weight to autoTeleport. Stock up on potions and fly wings, you'll need them!

60 - 70, I suggest...
Hodes, Hodes, Hodes! 2 maps south and 1 map east of Morroc. You can even take these up to 75 or 80, the experience is very good. Albeit a horrible card, the loots from these sell for a nice price at the NPC.

75 - 85, assuming you stuck with Hodes, I suggest...
Goats. 1 map and 2 maps west of Aldebaran. This is a very popular botting place, but regardless, it's good. Once again, you need to configure your bot very well. These mob up and kill very quickly, so make sure you autoTeleport at a low aggression.

85 - 95, I suggest...
ALARMS!! They're in the Clock Tower in the center of Aldebaran. The highest spawn is in the third floor. It's a bit tricky to get there though. These are aggressive, so bring potions and fly wings. They offer great experience and drops for a monster that's relatively easy to kill.

95 - 99, I suggest...
Stapos and Siromas!! These are amazing monsters. Stapos are 1 south of Veins town, which is hard to get to. Although their drops aren't good, they're easy and they're great exp. Siromas are in the Ice Dungeon, which is straight up from Rachel. 3 or 4 maps, ALL the way up north.

Congratulations! Your character should be 99 in a short time, given the right circumstances. You'll have a nice character for farming or transing, and you should have a nice stash of rare items and money!

Please comment, tell me what you think. Any constructive criticism or comments are welcome! Thanks, and good luck!
:D

Aionym
Noob
Noob

Re: Botting on Valkyrie - Guide

#2 Post by Aionym »

Not a bad guide... As an agi (or vit, but not recommended) swordie/knight one can bot from 35ish to lower 70s in byalan dungeon... lots of configs for that one...

chenchut20
Noob
Noob

#3 Post by chenchut20 »

i can say, we have the same strategy..botting overnight and while away at school.

but i only level my characters on payon maps..

Spores and wormtails are good monsters to start off:P

30+ i level on bigfoot and collect honeys and rough oridecons which can sell:P

50+ on greatest general and i stay there til 85, then switch to veins and kill stapo, muscipular, and drocera til i reach 99:P

i use that map to all my characters:/ lol
i use the same configuration with only slight modifications:P

openshad0w
Noob
Noob

#4 Post by openshad0w »

nice guide.
but may i ask if these maps viable in F2P (free-to-play) servers?. My problem in some of the stated maps are the aggressive monsters that mob the bot since fly wings are disabled in F2P servers.

haiku182
Noob
Noob

#5 Post by haiku182 »

Not a bad guide, but something about my Blacksmith has made me hit a brick wall.

I safely leveled on Hodes, slowly but surely, up to 94. Then the exp they gave dropped significantly. I can't seem to bot in the tower; I'll ger ~3-5% exp and then die usually from burning through whites. I don't know what's going on with the goat maps, I need to do a better job of parsing the logs, but something often kills me before I can even teleport out.

Any ideas of where I can go for those last 5 levels? For what it's worth, stats with equipment + bonuses: str 100 agi 50 vit 60 Dex 60

haiku182
Noob
Noob

#6 Post by haiku182 »

It's also worth noting I can spam mammonite if needed.

I'd edit this into my last post but it hasn't shown up yet?

Makubex
Noob
Noob
Noob?: No

#7 Post by Makubex »

The problem with Alarms is that his drops aren't so expensive, so you can't make good money because you have to waste it on more potions to keep leveling :(