Forum closed. Read only permissions.

Moderator: Moderators

mr nads
Human
Human
Noob?: No

Botting on classic

#1 Post by mr nads »

I'm more of a numbers kind of botter. lot of bots in easy maps to farm loot or whatever.

That gets boring. I'm now toying with the idea of botting higher level ares, like GH or something.

Anyways, i was going to deck out some rogues and try it out, but i thought i would ask you guys first.

Is it even possible to to bot raydrics?

i was planning on botting Chiv 2
http://db.irowiki.org/classic/map-info/gl_knt02/

primarily targetting raydrics and having a lot of fly wings. I understand that it will be negative zeny, i'm more concerned about number of raydrics per hour.\

Has anyone tried this?

Calamity
Noob
Noob
Noob?: Yes

Re: Botting on classic

#2 Post by Calamity »

pretty hard. i have and even with well geared characters it was still difficult because my char kept dying.

you have to be very well geared before heading in there in hopes of any profit or killing a significant quantity of raydrics.

the best i've done is set it so my char teleports when more than 3 monsters are on the map. always 3 or less. this made me TP A LOT. however the duration of my character staying in the map was much longer, and in the LONG run, i had less deaths which meant more kills which gave me more profit.

mr nads
Human
Human

#3 Post by mr nads »

yeah, but no pain no gain.

what class were you using?

the problem with tp/fwing now is that the hits would still register before the bot can get the wing off. back then the bot would wing before the hit registered. It was actually a very viable botting strategy with ranged classes to just tp on hit. Now the bot would simply die :(

I was thinking about using a hunter but the whole teleporting thing has me miffed. So now i'm botting up some sins and will try it out when they're 90+.

right now i'm accumulating their gear.. raydric gear is like pvp gear which is expensive. HAHA. good thing i banked all that zeny :D

DelitaX
Human
Human

#4 Post by DelitaX »

maybe you could do a bot combo with a priest?

Romantics
Noob
Noob

#5 Post by Romantics »

good afternoon guys. I help because I wanted a game on a called Vanro serves, I wanted to help with is what my bot to run more I boot it to get the item I have to log it in the map that I want to pick the item and deslogo and soon there bot a command button to get the item, second when he is weighing I have to log out and log the bot normal kafra go in there and boot the item you wanted a help to remedy this problem in its response'm Okay

anonbotter
Noob
Noob

#6 Post by anonbotter »

it is possible to bot but it is inefficient than playing normally. monks are a much better choice. you need very good gears to minimize deaths and stuff.

Sithis
Noob
Noob

#7 Post by Sithis »

Considering that the settings are on classic, it is highly possible for a rogue to be able to farm properly in the raydric map. I've done this before and it actually worked great, till I stopped since the only loot I was able to make use of in the map was elunium and brigan while others (Chain Mail (1), Gakkung (2) wasn't selling well in the server.

In any case, you would need a well-equipped rogue to be able to make them efficient. A +5/+7 Triple Titan Gladius should be efficient. Keep in mind that Raydrics, AFAIK, are large and so are Khalitzburgs. Configure your bot to prioritize only Raydrics and Khalitzburgs and to run from Abyssmal Knights and Bloody Knights. If you can get your hands on a clip that has a card compounded that automatically casts pneuma on you if you are attacked by a ranged attacker, that would be better.

Yes, it is costly to bot in the Raydric map, but, with the right equipment and proper configuration, return of investment would be between 1 to 2 weeks, depending on the economy of your server.

P.S - A well-built SD SinX is a better choice though, albeit, it may be a little bit more expensive to dress one up.

mr nads
Human
Human

#8 Post by mr nads »

i went to go look at the maps and they are rather populated. I could probably skirt by but its definitely not a place you can bot for days on.

Anyways, my brain got wrapped around an entirely different goal.

I want to level up a couple of mains. Their stat builds require min/maxing and there are several that will need builds that are counter productive to botting them solo.

With that in mind, which class is the fastest leveler?

The idea being that there would be a aco class combo'd with the fast leveler to leech up one other guy.
unless there is a more efficient method..

I'm guessing it would either be a wizard or a hunter botting at metalings and then something like greatest general or geographers.

kaoru
Human
Human

#9 Post by kaoru »

Classic server... *sigh* Good times. Your thread brought me so many botting nostalgies that I HAD to answer it.
mr nads wrote:With that in mind, which class is the fastest leveler?
1. Hunter, hands down. No other class can beat their cheesiness. Easy elemental acess (the elemental bows back then were godly), easy to build (AGI for aspd and flee, DEX for damage and mild INT for SP regen > more DS spam). I remember I did 4kk/h at Hill Winds, but there were a lot of bothunters there.
You should also try a Bow Rogue at Wind Ghosts with tele on hit. Wind Ghosts drain sp, so Hunters are not as efficient there. Card an Elemental Bow with Sidewinder card+2 Mandragora and you're good to go. Build is full AGI/DEX, maybe some STR if you want it to double as a ganker. Different then Hunters, Bow Rogues can walk around overweight, as they won't need the regen. I leeched dozens of characters there. Arrowcraft Green Lives/Great Nature, Rogues use quivers.

2. TU Priest. Killing Anubis, Evil Wraiths and Mummies with these Priests is easy as adding numbers. I think TUing Anubis is even better then leeching with Hunters, but yours days (or hours?) as an Acolyte may be painful. AGI for flee, INT for sp regen and TU sucess rate, LUK for sucess rate and DEX for cast reduction, so AGI>INT=LUK>DEX. If you're a cheap bastard, give them a try. I'm grateful to a duo of TU Priests for everything I have, because they were the ones who started everything out of nothing. OK, maybe a set of NPC gears :lol:

3. AGI Spear Knights, but you MUST have acess to Sky Deleter card for fast SP regen. Bash everything until your Knighthood. AGI>STR>DEX and you're good to go. They look like psychopaths one-shotting everything around the map, plus they look much cooler then their overrated 2HQ cousins. :D
Last edited by kaoru on 23 Oct 2012, 02:34, edited 1 time in total.

kaoru
Human
Human

#10 Post by kaoru »

I got so ablaze about the whole leeching stuff - don't blame me, I love leeching - that I forgot to answer the main issue.
mr nads wrote:Is it even possible to to bot raydrics?
Two words: Soul Linker. I won't get in details because I'll be spoiling the whole fun. I'm not sure if you've got them on your server already, tough. But yes, Raydrics are definitely bottable.