More advanced bot party implementation

This section is created for developers and non-developers who think that he/she has a good (and realistic) idea that might contribute to the OpenKore community.

Moderator: Moderators

botlah
Noob
Noob
Noob?: No

More advanced bot party implementation

#1 Post by botlah »

Alright bare with me while I try to explain my suggestion a little.

I'm a big fan of support-bots or a full party of bots leveling together. Macros and plugins and great configuration options allow this party to function in a more efficient way than even some real parties. However the big, and it is a big let down is the route AI, especially when it comes to several bots, which need to stay in close proximity/near each other which is usually just a mashed up auto-follow style implementation.

What I'm proposing, or would love to see is some kind of bridge between bots on a local host that allows them to communicate with each other. All sorts of information either to a central party leader bot, or a seperate dedicated party-organization bot. Allowing a party to have seperate configurations and a real life-like party movement system.

If you observe normal parties in ro there is a common theme. The tough tanks and/or healers generally attempt to be in the front to take the damage, the mushy damage dealers generally try to stay back a bit and work it while the support classes generally hang around with-in the safety of the party. Nothing too complex, although tricky to implement I'd imagine.

While a party moves it follows a similar dynamic, when it gets seperated etc.
(as I see it)
pros :
Allows bots to support each other and hunt harder areas/boss's
Allows bots to supplement real "people" party members, a must in a game where population is dropping
Allows greater customization and individuality with party-oriented botting.

cons :
Big project

I understand this is a massive project/thing to implement and with the current dev shortage It's merely a dream. Maybe when I finish more programming courses I'll be able to give it a shot myself.

Thoughts?

sli
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

Re: A concept I'd love to see implemented

#2 Post by sli »

You can already do this. You need properly setup party skills and have the support follow within a couple blocks of the tanks, but also have them stay a certain distance away from mobs so they won't pull aggro. The only thing that needs to be added (read: an easy-as-fuck plugin) would be the offtanks abandoning their targets when a healer gets attacked.
cs : ee : realist

botlah
Noob
Noob

#3 Post by botlah »

sli wrote:You can already do this. You need properly setup party skills and have the support follow within a couple blocks of the tanks, but also have them stay a certain distance away from mobs so they won't pull aggro. The only thing that needs to be added (read: an easy-as-fuck plugin) would be the offtanks abandoning their targets when a healer gets attacked.
Thats very true, and I have had similar setups already. But the way they walk and stand, as a party ( when you have say 6+ bots as a party ) looks nothing like a normal party. It's like 8 people trying to run in a single line practically.

sli
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

#4 Post by sli »

You didn't specify any of that. Your answer is still plugin.

Chontrad
Human
Human

I have already implemented the tanks abandon target

#5 Post by Chontrad »

Yes. I have modified the OpenKore so tankers can abandon their target in order to prioritize attacking aggressives on tankee. Once the tankee's aggressives is provoked they will restart AI:ai_attack sequence. But I still get some problems when the tankers have already had too much aggressives so he/she can't move to attack the tankee's aggressives.

So, I think this post just count as a show off til i fixed the mod. :lol:

sli
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

#6 Post by sli »

Cast Endure.

bornfromnothing
Noob
Noob
Noob?: Yes

#7 Post by bornfromnothing »

that skill can fail sometimes, so tankee still hav a problem..

Cozzie
Spam Generator
Spam Generator

Re: Better bot party implementation

#8 Post by Cozzie »

thread topic updated so it makes some sense.
Make Openkore Awesome. Join the team.

sli
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

#9 Post by sli »

bornfromnothing wrote:that skill can fail sometimes, so tankee still hav a problem..
Where do you play that Endure fails? I've never once seen Endure fail to cast unless I was out of SP.

bornfromnothing
Noob
Noob
Noob?: Yes

#10 Post by bornfromnothing »

sli wrote:
bornfromnothing wrote:that skill can fail sometimes, so tankee still hav a problem..
Where do you play that Endure fails? I've never once seen Endure fail to cast unless I was out of SP.

I play at IdRO.. sometimes when u mobbing too much aggresives.. and use endure.. yeah it do fail sometimes... and my knight do have sp