Default to storage log?

This section is created for developers and non-developers who think that he/she has a good (and realistic) idea that might contribute to the OpenKore community.

Moderator: Moderators

sli
Perl Monk
Perl Monk
Noob?: No

Default to storage log?

#1 Post by sli »

I'm just curious as to why the bot doesn't default to the most recent storage log when you use the storage command prior to visiting storage. I suppose for people who go back and forth between playing and botting wouldn't prefer this. But I would.
cs : ee : realist

kali
OpenKore Monk
OpenKore Monk

Re: Default to storage log?

#2 Post by kali »

Yes, people who alternately play and bot would find that the storage log will be stale as it would have changed during the time the person was playing.

We don't get many requests for this, which is why the easiest approach was taken - just record the log when storage is opened. The storage log can probably be written as a YAML to make it easier to read back into the bot's memory - feel free to suggest other ways of serializing the data.
Got your topic trashed by a mod?

Trashing topics is one click, and moving a topic to its proper forum is a lot harder. You expend the least effort in deciding where to post, mods expend the least effort by trashing.

Have a nice day.

sli
Perl Monk
Perl Monk
Noob?: No

Re: Default to storage log?

#3 Post by sli »

Marshal or something similar (which wouldn't need any parsing). And this could always be a config option for those who'd rather see the correct list or no list at all.
cs : ee : realist