Private Message safe list

This section is created for developers and non-developers who think that he/she has a good (and realistic) idea that might contribute to the OpenKore community.

Moderator: Moderators

Kirby
Noob
Noob
Noob?: Yes

Private Message safe list

#1 Post by Kirby »

what's up. so, i've been having a hard time finding information through the search engine about selective private messaging. here's the situation:

a bot configured with

dcOnPM 1

will instantely disconnect when a PM is received. i'd like to create exceptions for this command because some servers send automatic PMs as a "server welcome message" or other information, which look like this in the RO chat:

(ESrv) : The night has come.

so the bot will login and instantely disconnect because of this automated PM. it would be cool to have a way to include ESrv in a list of safe PMs. i might be missing something with the perl code, but i've been looking for a few days and got no enlightment.

reply if possible!

EDIT (2008/07/19): to go through this problem, the following trick can be performed. first, launch kore with dcOnPM 0. then, edit the config.txt to dcOnPM 1, and finally, reload the config.txt from the (running) kore console through the command

reload config.txt
watch all the bad guys from knights of the round fall down in youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYrgZOHDBXw