Do command on Shortcut

This section is created for developers and non-developers who think that he/she has a good (and realistic) idea that might contribute to the OpenKore community.

Moderator: Moderators

Contrast
Noob
Noob
Noob?: No

Do command on Shortcut

#1 Post by Contrast »

Hi.

I just thought that a shortcut function would be great. You could put a shortcut.txt into the controls.

Code: Select all

<shortcut> <command>

Code: Select all

Alt+B do sp 34 Noob
Would be usefull to tell your BuffBots what to do without having to pm (logs) and it's faster...and comfortable? I'm sure that there are also many other things that would be simplyfied by that.

Greetings Contrast 8-)

Engydoggy
Human
Human
Noob?: Yes

Re: Do command on Shortcut

#2 Post by Engydoggy »

This is redundant.

alias_b @pm BuffBot buff (or whatever)

Then you just do b and enter. Still two keystrokes, and still one config line.

Not needed imo.

I have aliases to manually activate certain macros if I want to force them to run depending on certain events, and they world flawlessly.

alias_heal macro npc_heal

Then I just type heal if I see the bot is gonna die or I need him to go to town or something, and the macro will be forced to run. Just as if I typed macro npc_heal.

Aliases are fun :p

Darki
Been there done that!
Been there done that!

#3 Post by Darki »

I don't see it redundant. When you play with your bot in xkore or as a slave, it would be very useful to have this. You could coordinate some bot functions with some in-game shortcuts. you could for example make your Sage bot cast a Deluge on the area you're standing when you hit the F# key where you have Waterball, or something similar.

With the alias option, you still need to go out of your window, take the console, hit "b" and then enter, then go back to the game. I didn't count but they're many more buttons than one more... <.<

maybe the alias option could be expanded to work only with the button hit, when some conditions are met. (for example, same than the /bm option in RO).
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Mushroom
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

#4 Post by Mushroom »

commandPrefix [<string>]

If you're running in X-Kore mode, messages you type in the Ragnarok Online client that begin with the specified prefix will be intercepted by Kore and interpreted as console commands.
Using this you don't need to change for the bot console.
Quit.

Darki
Been there done that!
Been there done that!

#5 Post by Darki »

But anyways it's not the same. iIt has more uses if it's possible to trigger by an F option, like to combinate it with another game shortcut, or something like that. I don't see why it's so horrible the idea of adding a shortcut option by keyboard keys...

You could combinate the function of more than one bot by only hitting a key, like for example a Waterball+deluge combo and being in another account doing more things, you can't do that by what you're saying, and, you wouldn't need to use Xkore mode for it.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Mushroom
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

#6 Post by Mushroom »

Is it possible to active shortcuts when the window is inactive?
Quit.

Darki
Been there done that!
Been there done that!

#7 Post by Darki »

It could be done in that way, or not? anyways we're talking about something that doesn't exst now. I'm just talking that for me it would be useful, if for you it isn't, well ok. For me isn't useful a wayPoints plugin because I don't use bot unless for slave. shouldn't it have been created? <.<
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage