iRO Valk | Popup window while using fly wing | 2.0.6.1

This section is created for developers and non-developers who think that he/she has a good (and realistic) idea that might contribute to the OpenKore community.

Moderator: Moderators

Cozzie
Spam Generator
Spam Generator
Noob?: No

Re: Teleport not working, Fly Wings wasted | 2.0.6.1

#11 Post by Cozzie »

I will look into this after tomorrow.
Make Openkore Awesome. Join the team.

Bibian
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

#12 Post by Bibian »

I think this already exists... i THINK there is a condition in self skillUse where you can specify to use a certain skill if you get permission to use it.
But as far as i know, this does NOT work for skills that you dont have, it shouldnt be TOO hard to fix it.

How it could work is

1. bot gets permission to teleport from the server -> self skillUse block is triggered -> bot sends the teleport packet -> server now lets you teleport
2. bot gets permission to teleport from the server -> bot detects the skill that is allowed -> bot sends the skill packet for the allowed skill -> servers lets you execute the skill

choose your poison, they both have pre's and cons

the cons of 1 is that you have to manually define a self skill block for teleport, etc... the pre is that its more anti-bot proof
the cons of 2 is that you have no/less control over what skills are automaticly executed (could be used to check for bots) pro: the noobs dont have to make a seperate skill block

There are other ways, but these two are the most logical imo... unless other people have better idea's
but since i dont play on iRO, i cant test/implement this :P

Cozzie
Spam Generator
Spam Generator

#13 Post by Cozzie »

moved to bug section.

kali
OpenKore Monk
OpenKore Monk

#14 Post by kali »

MuffinPower wrote: I've asked in iRC 5-6 times, idling in the iRC chat for 5 days, without logging off or turning off my computer, and no one had an answer. I had one reply to my question, who did not even read my question in the entirety and suggested I cancel sitting with a doCommand, where clearly I'm already standing during that bout with the Merman in my 2nd post. Can I please get some help?
[16:48:30] &kali | MuffinPower: try a doCommand to stand up when you're sitting
[16:48:35] &kali | out~
Well I do apologize if I didn't really read through the whole thread. I just took a quick gander at the topic - since it had happened before that people tried using skills while they were sitting down and complaining why the skills don't work, I figured maybe the same applies to you.

On the other hand, the problem could have been stated a bit clearer if the prescribed format for posting questions had been followed. I don't play in iRO valk myself (well I do, but I don't really play that much) much less see the teleport popup (I believe it costs quite a lot to buy a single flywing?). Mind if you post some pictures?

Also, please do not expect immediate help whenever you ask for it. In this forum, help is volunteered. I do admire your patience in asking your questions though - it shows how much you really want your concerns addressed. I'm saying this just in case we're not aligned with each other as regards expectations.

Cozzie, I don't think this is a bug. I believe this is a feature request to support a server. What could be done is create a plugin that will insert some AI sequence into the AI queue (maybe iRO_teleport) which would cause the bot's active actions to halt (while still allowing basic network functions to continue) and let the teleport run its course - eventually the server will send the bot a packet saying it is allowed to teleport, and the old bot AI will take over.
Got your topic trashed by a mod?

Trashing topics is one click, and moving a topic to its proper forum is a lot harder. You expend the least effort in deciding where to post, mods expend the least effort by trashing.

Have a nice day.

Cozzie
Spam Generator
Spam Generator

Re: iRO Valk | Popup window while using fly wing | 2.0.6.1

#15 Post by Cozzie »

woops youre right, this is not strictly a bug. My apologies. Moved to feature suggestion.

Hrmm so I need to clear this up, how long is the delay for the window? Also, no additional clicking is needed (like tele lvl 1) right?

I disagree on using a plugin, should be part of the main source code itself.

MuffinPower
Noob
Noob
Noob?: Yes

#16 Post by MuffinPower »

So I thought the thread was deleted... lol. Update on situation: Fly Wing works in XKore 1 mode, but not in 0. I think in XKore 0 mode the commands are simply being sent too fast, which means a simple stop of all bot function after fly wing usage will fix it. I would still prefer a fix, as I don't want to run 4 XKore 1's when I'm botting lol.

Or could someone make a quick plugin to add that stop after Fly Wing? I'd really appreciate it :D

gknight
Human
Human

#17 Post by gknight »

go to timeout and change the tele delay.

Technology
Super Moderators
Super Moderators

#18 Post by Technology »

Bibian wrote:I think this already exists... i THINK there is a condition in self skillUse where you can specify to use a certain skill if you get permission to use it.
whenPermitSkill
One ST0 to rule them all? One PE viewer to find them!
One ST_kRO to bring them all and in the darkness bind them...

Mount Doom awaits us, fellowship of OpenKore!

sli
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

#19 Post by sli »

Shouldn't Kore halt momentarily when it needs to teleport regardless of context? I've had a lot of issues using the teleport skill on acolytes/priests both recently and in the past, so I'd almost certainly say that's a long standing bug. I've never played on iRO Valkyrie, so I'm not entirely sure what's different about it, but it just looks like Fly Wings work just like Mags on that server (which isn't true elsewhere, usually).

Despite that, Kore should have the ability to handle all teleport situations without the need for specialized code just to handle a couple of servers (essentially a rudimentary event-based architecture). Or at least an option in the server table to tell Kore while style of teleport to use, normal or whatever this version is.
cs : ee : realist