combat suggestions

This section is created for developers and non-developers who think that he/she has a good (and realistic) idea that might contribute to the OpenKore community.

Moderator: Moderators

kali
OpenKore Monk
OpenKore Monk

Re: combat suggestions

#11 Post by kali »

I'm glad darki get's a few points correct.

After all, since the project is GPL, anyone can fork it out and create a super woe bot. The fact that no one else has done so yet either means nobody can, or those that can share the same sentiments as the current developers do.

In a few words: if you've got an itch and the existing scratchers can't scratch it, make your own.
Got your topic trashed by a mod?

Trashing topics is one click, and moving a topic to its proper forum is a lot harder. You expend the least effort in deciding where to post, mods expend the least effort by trashing.

Have a nice day.

Darki
Been there done that!
Been there done that!
Noob?: No

#12 Post by Darki »

That's what I try to do with my macros, but I don't know perl and I can't lose my studies learning that instead of what I should do. I'd honestly love to, but now I can't. Maybe I retake the thing on summer.

But, anyways, the problem is that if I try to do something I think it would be helpful and useful, but then some of you decide there's an infinitesimal option of exploiting it, like that with my attacking macro on follows, and you call me a KSer and think out of nowhere I'm a retard, that doesn't help really much.

And for me, it was kinda ridiculous because I repeated my reasons 4 times but it seemed that no mod was able to read/understand that, it's kinda sad.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

sli
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

#13 Post by sli »

I have no problems crossing lines (however fine they may be). Just fyi, so keep it in mind. :roll:

Considering Kore-RO, wouldn't it... kind of make sense to bot WoE and PvP? It makes perfect sense to me. It is a botting server, after all. If a guild of bots can beat a guild of real players, then wouldn't that just increase competition? It's not against the rules, after all. And what's going to happen? You can't really be reported for botting on Kore-RO.

Speaking on learning Perl. I learned it accidentally. No, really. One day I just realized that I knew Perl pretty damn decently for having never once seriously used or studied it (still haven't). I just Google functions I don't know and commit it to memory. It's not hard to learn a programming language, you just have to keep at it, however little time you spend, it will stick eventually.
cs : ee : realist

Darki
Been there done that!
Been there done that!

#14 Post by Darki »

Yeah, that happened to me with macros... But the problem is that on macros there's a manual where you can find all commands, words and stuff easily, while in perl you gotta try more stuff.

For example, in my macro for slave trading, I need a command to read the inventory and write every item there in a line on a private chat message ingame. The problem is that I've never found an example of that and on things a little similar I can't understand well what is the "main code" and what's the stuff I can change. Same with a lot of functions, I know how to check HP and SP in eval because I saw a function with that, but I have no idea of how to get the rest. There's no manual for that, at least.

That's why I say I can't learn it well, unlike macros, where I have the "book" (examples on forum), I know what they do and the "dictionary" (the manual), for the plugins or the perl functions I only have the code and what do they do, I don't have any way to understand it well that works with my free time.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage