extra option in mon_control to ignore teleportAuto triggers

This section is created for developers and non-developers who think that he/she has a good (and realistic) idea that might contribute to the OpenKore community.

Moderator: Moderators

Cozzie
Spam Generator
Spam Generator
Noob?: No

extra option in mon_control to ignore teleportAuto triggers

#1 Post by Cozzie »

I would like to suggest to add an option to ignore most teleport_auto triggers. This is so that one can force the bot to try and kill a certain monster, ie: boss/mini boss, TU priest, etc.

In my circumstances that would be preferable because it would ask the bot to pull off TU no matter what teleportAuto trigger are called(except deadly) while at other condition such as random walking, it will adhere to teleportAuto_min_aggressive so that it wont waste time healing itself while being mobbed senselessly and only to tele when teleportAuto_hp/teleport_Auto_deadly is triggered. This would greatly increase exp gain.

I know this can possibly be achieved with do command and/or macro by asking it to change conf when attacking certain monsters but I dont think kore has anyway of knowing definitively if it has died and thus has no reliable way to set conf back to normal. It is a very crude implementation as well.
Make Openkore Awesome. Join the team.

sli
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

Re: extra option in mon_control to ignore teleportAuto triggers

#2 Post by sli »

Maybe a threshold based on total aggressives and damage being taken vs. total amount of HP remaining. Example: I'm pretty sure my SG can handle ten Familiars just fine without needing to teleport or heal.
cs : ee : realist

Cozzie
Spam Generator
Spam Generator

#3 Post by Cozzie »

that's true but in mobby places, or bots with lacking equipments those conditions will often be triggered. Having a singular condition that explicitly tells it not to tele when attacking is better.

sli
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

#4 Post by sli »

Well, when damage being received gets too high...

Cozzie
Spam Generator
Spam Generator

#5 Post by Cozzie »

that defeats the purpose isnt it? the bot will tele and waste time where it could have healed itself and continued fighting.

sli
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

#6 Post by sli »

It already does that. I'm talking about a damage threshold. Obviously a bot can't hold out forever when being mobbed (pots run out, no SP, can't heal fast enough, etc.), so it still has a reason to teleport.

Cozzie
Spam Generator
Spam Generator

#7 Post by Cozzie »

it wastes a LOT of time doing so, thus reducing efficiency. The aim of a new option is to prevent that. And I have encountered bots just stuck healing itself for a long period of time before it is overwhelmed.

hakore
Super Moderators
Super Moderators

#8 Post by hakore »

Have you tried checking monster weights in mon_control.txt? Probably it already does the same purpose.
Whatever...

Cozzie
Spam Generator
Spam Generator

#9 Post by Cozzie »

monster weights only reduce/increase the amounts of monster in all situation, it cant specify if it should teleport based on specific situations.