New Server Selection Method

This section is created for developers and non-developers who think that he/she has a good (and realistic) idea that might contribute to the OpenKore community.

Moderator: Moderators

akirac
Noob
Noob

New Server Selection Method

#1 Post by akirac »

Openkore only reads the server number which is a problem when the server closes down for a maintenance or other any reason. Don't worry i know how to configure a bot so you don't have to tell me maybe you didn't put the right server # at servers.txt etc.2x Read my example below

Example:

* when all are normal
--------- Servers ----------
# Name Users IP Port
0 Aserver 36 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 12345
1 Bserver 84 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 12345
2 Cserver 126 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 12345
3 Dserver 23 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 1234
4 Eserver 23 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 12345
-------------------------------

* After server 2(Cserver) closes down the servers move up thus changing the former server 2(Cserver) and tricking openkore to selecting the wrong 'Dserver' which is before Cserver.
So it now becomes stuck in the character creation screen.

--------- Servers ----------
# Name Users IP Port
0 Aserver 36 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 12345
1 Bserver 84 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 12345
2 Dserver 23 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 1234
3 Eserver 23 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 12345
-------------------------------

btw, i have a temporary solution for this which is setting the reconnect time way---longer about 5mins but its still not a complete solution because the servers randomly closes and opens it up to clear them of bots or idle players also when there's major lag it also forces to reconnect and wait another 5mins again and again so the time is wasted for botting. so is there a way into changing openkore's function to read the Server Name instead of the Server number??

This really important if you really want openkore to be fully automated because i sometimes come back from time to time to check if it's stuck again at the character creation and sometimes its just stuck there can't find the server or server doesn't exists.

kali
OpenKore Monk
OpenKore Monk

Re: New Server Selection Method

#2 Post by kali »

And then what happens if the private server owners try to change the names of the servers randomly?
Got your topic trashed by a mod?

Trashing topics is one click, and moving a topic to its proper forum is a lot harder. You expend the least effort in deciding where to post, mods expend the least effort by trashing.

Have a nice day.

akirac
Noob
Noob

#3 Post by akirac »

kali wrote:And then what happens if the private server owners try to change the names of the servers randomly?
I doubt it'll never happen. Just add a checker to it if its not the correct server and dc/retry if its not the correct server to log-in.

I just wanted something to reconnect fast without being stuck in the char. creation because when you're in the character creation after you login you can't go back its just make or quit OK and reconfigure the server number or just wait for it long enough to reconnect when the server is online again.

Where can you find that block of code in openkore that triggers with the server number to login? Maybe i could try to change it to a string instead of a integer.

kali
OpenKore Monk
OpenKore Monk

#4 Post by kali »

It's not so easy since the server expects an integer - therefore you'd have to do some string manipulations to match the particular server number with the server name.

If you're willing to hack at it you can look at the sources in either functions.pl or at the Network/ folder.
Got your topic trashed by a mod?

Trashing topics is one click, and moving a topic to its proper forum is a lot harder. You expend the least effort in deciding where to post, mods expend the least effort by trashing.

Have a nice day.

Krai
Been there done that!
Been there done that!
Noob?: Yes

#5 Post by Krai »

what is wrong with the current method, just dont try to bot on a server that doesnt work...
Don't Get Owned! Do Your Research First.
The Manual | Packet Extractor | Use Macros | Server Info Guide | Old Forum
You got banned? Krai me a fuckin river..

jones2323
Human
Human
Noob?: Yes

#6 Post by jones2323 »

Krai wrote:what is wrong with the current method, just dont try to bot on a server that doesnt work...
You obviously didn't get what he was suggesting.

akirac
Noob
Noob

#7 Post by akirac »

oh yeah i already fixed this problem. look here http://forums.openkore.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=271

it will just relog after a wrong server # so it won't get stuck at the character selection. I Hope this will solve somebody's problem too.