Improve looting

This section is created for developers and non-developers who think that he/she has a good (and realistic) idea that might contribute to the OpenKore community.

Moderator: Moderators

twist3d
Testers Team
Testers Team
Noob?: No

Improve looting

#1 Post by twist3d »

As it is, openkore loots in the order an item drops, 0,1,2,...15. Which works, but when two monsters die at the same time, say from magnum break, and the loots are scattered everywhere, it can walk from 1 loot, to another 6 cells away, then to the next yet another 6 cells away, wasting time and making it obvious you are a bot >.>

So maybe if there is a way to check distance of item loot in order of distance instead of when it appeared?

Thanks!
Member since 09/09/09, botter since its first creation days. Thanks Kura for the original Kore.

Mu3rt0
Noob
Noob
Noob?: Yes

Re: Improve looting

#2 Post by Mu3rt0 »

You may play around with the "take as fast" feature, alternating with not so valuable items...

I think you can disguise it like a most "natural" way of looting while the feature you ask for is out...

Plz... Xcuse my VERY POOR english... :P

Technology
Super Moderators
Super Moderators

#3 Post by Technology »

same goes for selecting a monster to attack, kore doesn't pick nearest one either.
One ST0 to rule them all? One PE viewer to find them!
One ST_kRO to bring them all and in the darkness bind them...

Mount Doom awaits us, fellowship of OpenKore!

Cozzie
Spam Generator
Spam Generator

#4 Post by Cozzie »

Technology wrote:same goes for selecting a monster to attack, kore doesn't pick nearest one either.
Get on xkore, go on a crowded (monsters, not players) map and you see the ugliness. Its absolutely drunk.
Make Openkore Awesome. Join the team.

Technology
Super Moderators
Super Moderators

#5 Post by Technology »

Cozzie wrote:
Technology wrote:same goes for selecting a monster to attack, kore doesn't pick nearest one either.
Get on xkore, go on a crowded map and you see the ugliness. It's absolutely drunk.
yea, i know lol.
One ST0 to rule them all? One PE viewer to find them!
One ST_kRO to bring them all and in the darkness bind them...

Mount Doom awaits us, fellowship of OpenKore!

Mu3rt0
Noob
Noob

#6 Post by Mu3rt0 »

Can I play around with the ai source? I think that can it can be modified, even can be added an option for giving "attack weight" to monsters and take items...

Can you guide me for start modifying/testing the ai source for this?

EternalHarvest
Developers
Developers

#7 Post by EternalHarvest »

In AI::CoreLogic (file src/AI/CoreLogic.pm):

sub processItemsTake looks for items to take in a pause after a monster dies, it seems to be taking all items at 4 cells around, always picking the first suitable item.