Mercenaries Support on iRO

This section is created for developers and non-developers who think that he/she has a good (and realistic) idea that might contribute to the OpenKore community.

Moderator: Moderators

Botz22
Noob
Noob

Mercenaries Support on iRO

#1 Post by Botz22 »

We need a new patch for this coming 11.3 patch nameless i'm sure all bots will be mess up maybe this coming week or next week or so, please can someone make a new script ill appriciate whoever can make a new script for us thanks =)

Cozzie
Spam Generator
Spam Generator
Noob?: No

Re: TO ALL DEVELOPERS

#2 Post by Cozzie »

script for what? Stop duplicating threads. Be clear and concise, we arent really keen playing "guess the problem".

Btw, though i have not posted a rules and policies thead, please edit your post so that it does not reflect that you as a the original poster is a retard who does not know how to convey your thoughts into words in a clear and mature manner.
Make Openkore Awesome. Join the team.

Beatbox
Noob
Noob

#3 Post by Beatbox »

I think what they are talking about is the new mercenary system that is currently implemented on iRO Sakray. There have been posts on the official iRO forums about people using the mercenaries as a kind of 'bot bait'. The bots seem to stop whatever they are doing and follow the mercenaries around instead. Somewhat like the old bugs with homonculi and such. I have not tested anything out personally though seeing as I do not play on Sakray, but it does look like it will cause some concern once the new episode hits the main servers.

Cozzie
Spam Generator
Spam Generator

#4 Post by Cozzie »

See this is the thing, playing "guess the problem". A lot of things can go wrong in nameless. With regards to the mercenaries, they have an ID, I believe it was discussed in IRC in brief that adding the ID to the monsters.txt will prevent the bot from trying to whack it. Problem solved no?

Beatbox
Noob
Noob

#5 Post by Beatbox »

Yes I would say that would solve the problem but not everyone frequents the irc. It would stop a lot of people from asking the same questions over and over later on if the information was posted in the forums somewhere. Don't you think?

Cozzie
Spam Generator
Spam Generator

#6 Post by Cozzie »

Yes, but at that point we did not have SVN access i think so we could not commit it. Once it is committed, this should not be an issue anymore.

jones2323
Human
Human
Noob?: Yes

#7 Post by jones2323 »

Regarding the bots attacking emrcienaries, johnny, posted this thread with the mecenary IDs. Check it out, just might help.
http://bibian.ath.cx/openkore/viewtopic.php?p=216203

Bibian
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

#8 Post by Bibian »

chances are we won't be supporting the USE of mercenaries any time soon... but i commited the mon_control.txt to ignore the mercs already

Beatbox
Noob
Noob

#9 Post by Beatbox »

Thanks for the link jones that should help with the mercenary issue. I am sad that the use of mercenaries won't be supported soon though. It looks like they would be a great benefit to botting.

Bibian
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

#10 Post by Bibian »

Beatbox wrote:Thanks for the link jones that should help with the mercenary issue. I am sad that the use of mercenaries won't be supported soon though. It looks like they would be a great benefit to botting.
they only last for 30 minutes... quite useless for botting imo