[Idle]Chat as macro condition, or macro "chaining"

All about the macro plugin can be found in this forum. This forum is intended for the macro plugin only.

Moderator: Moderators

Darki
Been there done that!
Been there done that!
Noob?: No

[Idle]Chat as macro condition, or macro "chaining"

#1 Post by Darki »

Hi there! I've been playing in iRO for some weeks already after my long break of OK (played in kRO test server and didn't really bother to use it) and I'm looking to continue developing my slave priest to support my main characters.

There's something that I couldn't think of the last time when I was working in my warp portal macro, and was to do some sort of "manual imput" mid macro. For example, for all I know I've noticed that is impossible to make the macro to cast a warp portal, then in the same macro, wait for user imput (telling the bot what macro to use) and go on.

My old macros just pop the warp portal, then you tell the macro where to go and if there was a portal used it will open it, but I would prefer if there was any way to make the macros only to be used as a whole, like there was a single macro working able to get chat imput in the middle.

So, the only thing I've though about would be like this:

- First, the warp macro is called. It gets the position check, stuff, k everything done, casted the skill.
- Then, the macro will lock ALL macros (with a "lock all" line) to avoid interruptions.
- Inmediately it will release the macro that selects the destination by chat. All this would be done so the macro doesn't need to use the "exclusive" instruction, but it will be only interrupted by the macro we want, as any other will be locked.
- If that macro is called, then the previous macro will end, warp will be selected and open and at the end all macros will be released again and the selection macro locked. in case this macro is not called after, for example, 10 seconds, it will again release all macros and lock the selection macro.

Would this work? I wanna make it as smooth as possible, maybe would it be possible to make it even more efficient with some sort of eval or subroutine that catched the chat command inside the macro?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

EternalHarvest
Developers
Developers
Noob?: Yes

Re: Chat as macro condition, or macro "chaining"

#2 Post by EternalHarvest »

Why not cast a warp portal when you already know the destination?

Darki
Been there done that!
Been there done that!

#3 Post by Darki »

EternalHarvest wrote:Why not cast a warp portal when you already know the destination?
Can you get the list of destinatons before casting the skill? I though you couldn't unless you used it at least once.

I'm changing warps constantly and I like to make my macros on a way that I don't need to be changing them all the time, I prefer to add chat or console commands to make them work. That's why I prefer the macro to tell me the destinations and then I pick the one I want.

The problem as I said is that as there are more than two macros, I would like to "lock" the macro completely so it never gets interrupted by anything, only by the macros that are part of the "chain". If I set the AI as manual, then lock all automacros and finally release only the one I want to be used, what could fail?

Apart from that, I've noticed that when the bot casts the skill it gets mindfucked or something, it can't cast other skills or recast Warp Portal in other places. I recognize that as what happens when you have the warp selection window opened, and ingame you can just close it and everything is fine, but how do you "cancel" a warp portal so the bot moves, uses skills and recasts Warp Portal again without relogging?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

EternalHarvest
Developers
Developers
Noob?: Yes

#4 Post by EternalHarvest »

Darki wrote:Can you get the list of destinatons before casting the skill? I though you couldn't unless you used it at least once.
... tell me the destinations and then I pick the one I want
Ok, more than one macros required.
I've noticed that when the bot casts the skill it gets mindfucked or something, it can't cast other skills or recast Warp Portal in other places.
Sounds like the old Hindsight bug, are you sure they didn't the same thing with Warp Portal?

Darki
Been there done that!
Been there done that!

#5 Post by Darki »

So as the warp portal problem was found, I guess that part was figured out.

About the other part of the issue... how is it? would it work well if I make the warp open macro to lock everything but the warp select macro, and do AI manual? Or should I do something else to assure the macros are used the way they have to?

I'll add the warp close command and test it as soon as you post it. =)
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage