Openkore.com
http://forums.openkore.com/

Moving source code to GitHub from SVN
http://forums.openkore.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=211255
Page 3 of 5

Author:  itsrachelfish [ 04 Mar 2016, 10:12 ]
Post subject:  Re: Moving to GitHub

By the way, hopefully you've seen our discussion about the new code review process: https://github.com/OpenKore/openkore/issues/9 :)

Author:  sofax222 [ 04 Mar 2016, 10:46 ]
Post subject:  Re: Moving to GitHub

itsrachelfish wrote:
sofax222 wrote:
Commit failed (details follow):
Access to '/OpenKore/openkore/!svn/act/a3b50695-c1dd-e647-b25c-05daf3acf7df'
forbidden


How can I be added into the members of Github/Openkore ??


Well, I'll need to know what your github account is. I tried "sofax222" and "sofax" but it wasn't either of those :(

Once we have your username, any of the project admins can add you as a developer to the project. But you don't even need to be an official developer to the project to contribute on GitHub. Anyone can make a fork of the project in their own account, make commits, and then submit a pull request to be approved in the official repo.

Edit: I've updated my original post to be more clear. Hope that helps /no1


My github account is "snop222" !!

Author:  sofax222 [ 04 Mar 2016, 11:00 ]
Post subject:  Re: Moving to GitHub

itsrachelfish wrote:
sofax222 wrote:
Commit failed (details follow):
Access to '/OpenKore/openkore/!svn/act/a3b50695-c1dd-e647-b25c-05daf3acf7df'
forbidden


How can I be added into the members of Github/Openkore ??


Well, I'll need to know what your github account is. I tried "sofax222" and "sofax" but it wasn't either of those :(

Once we have your username, any of the project admins can add you as a developer to the project. But you don't even need to be an official developer to the project to contribute on GitHub. Anyone can make a fork of the project in their own account, make commits, and then submit a pull request to be approved in the official repo.

Edit: I've updated my original post to be more clear. Hope that helps /no1


Ok !! Now I got a fork from the Openkore project.
After my own commit, and create a pull request to the official repo.
But Now !! How to re-checkout from the official project into my fork ?

Author:  itsrachelfish [ 04 Mar 2016, 12:00 ]
Post subject:  Re: Moving to GitHub

sofax222 wrote:
Ok !! Now I got a fork from the Openkore project.
After my own commit, and create a pull request to the official repo.
But Now !! How to re-checkout from the official project into my fork ?


Hey there, I checked out your changes and everything looks good. Your pull request was merged into the main project. :)

Also, I've added you to the GitHub organization as a developer, check your email for confirmation.

Now that you have commit access, you can make your own branch in the main project repo and submit pull requests that way (instead of using a fork, if you prefer).

If you're still curious how someone would be able to checkout your forked code from the official project, they'd just have to make a local branch with your repo as the remote. This is explained on GitHub by follow these steps:

Image

Author:  sofax222 [ 04 Mar 2016, 20:10 ]
Post subject:  Re: Moving to GitHub

itsrachelfish wrote:
sofax222 wrote:
Ok !! Now I got a fork from the Openkore project.
After my own commit, and create a pull request to the official repo.
But Now !! How to re-checkout from the official project into my fork ?


Hey there, I checked out your changes and everything looks good. Your pull request was merged into the main project. :)

Also, I've added you to the GitHub organization as a developer, check your email for confirmation.

Now that you have commit access, you can make your own branch in the main project repo and submit pull requests that way (instead of using a fork, if you prefer).

If you're still curious how someone would be able to checkout your forked code from the official project, they'd just have to make a local branch with your repo as the remote. This is explained on GitHub by follow these steps:

Image


Yes !! I Got it !!
Thank you very much !!

So now, I can directly commit to the the official project, can't I ?
But now I have not codes need to commit.
I will keep this in my mind for next committing !!
I still don't well understand the GitHub user interface, I will do more effort on it.
Thanks again !!

One more question.....
Just like you said "... to checkout your forked code from ..."
In other words, I can keep my own version with this fork without merging from the official project.
Is it true ?

Author:  sofax222 [ 04 Mar 2016, 22:01 ]
Post subject:  Re: Moving to GitHub

itsrachelfish wrote:
sofax222 wrote:
Ok !! Now I got a fork from the Openkore project.
After my own commit, and create a pull request to the official repo.
But Now !! How to re-checkout from the official project into my fork ?


Hey there, I checked out your changes and everything looks good. Your pull request was merged into the main project. :)

Also, I've added you to the GitHub organization as a developer, check your email for confirmation.

Now that you have commit access, you can make your own branch in the main project repo and submit pull requests that way (instead of using a fork, if you prefer).


Some thing stranger ......
I found the revison number is different between my frok and the official repo !!
Is it normal ??

Author:  sofax222 [ 04 Mar 2016, 22:49 ]
Post subject:  Re: Moving to GitHub

itsrachelfish wrote:
Now that you have commit access, you can make your own branch in the main project repo and submit pull requests that way (instead of using a fork, if you prefer).

If you're still curious how someone would be able to checkout your forked code from the official project, they'd just have to make a local branch with your repo as the remote. This is explained on GitHub by follow these steps:

Image


Sorry, question again....
I work around on my fork of Openkore.....
But I can not find the "Merge pull request" function as your captured image, where is it ??

Author:  itsrachelfish [ 05 Mar 2016, 00:08 ]
Post subject:  Re: Moving to GitHub

sofax222 wrote:
Sorry, question again....
I work around on my fork of Openkore.....
But I can not find the "Merge pull request" function as your captured image, where is it ??


You'll probably want to spend some time learning how git works, there are a lot of great resources out there including the official Git documentation and YouTube tutorials. I sent you that screenshot because it explains the steps required for someone to take the master openkore branch and apply your patch for testing.

Earlier today you merged two pull requests:

https://github.com/OpenKore/openkore/pull/34
https://github.com/OpenKore/openkore/pull/35

Did you test these changes in game before merging them? The point of making pull requests is so that developers can review and test changes before they are incorporated into the main project.

Author:  sofax222 [ 05 Mar 2016, 02:29 ]
Post subject:  Re: Moving to GitHub

itsrachelfish wrote:
Earlier today you merged two pull requests:

https://github.com/OpenKore/openkore/pull/34
https://github.com/OpenKore/openkore/pull/35

Did you test these changes in game before merging them? The point of making pull requests is so that developers can review and test changes before they are incorporated into the main project.


Ah, Sorry !! Very Sorry !! I think I had a mistake !!
I make wrong merging on main project !!
Could it to be rollbacked ??

I just want to try the "Merge Pull Request".
I will be more careful, before I well understnad the GitHub works !!
Sorry, again !!

PS: I think, I do only one "Merge", but merging two "Pull Request" !!

Author:  sofax222 [ 06 Mar 2016, 05:52 ]
Post subject:  Re: Moving to GitHub

itsrachelfish wrote:
Did you test these changes in game before merging them? The point of making pull requests is so that developers can review and test changes before they are incorporated into the main project.


Dear itsrachelfish:

Now, am I a member of the Developers team in the OpenKore organization ??
Will the changes of main OpenKore repo automaticly to merge into my fork ??

Page 3 of 5 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/