Kore shouldn't use exploits as the default option

Wrote new code? Fixed a bug? Want to discuss technical stuff? Feel free to post it here.

Moderator: Moderators

iMikeLance
Moderators
Moderators
Noob?: No

Kore shouldn't use exploits as the default option

#1 Post by iMikeLance »

Kore is using some [official] servers exploits as default option in config.txt for years, and some are hardcoded. Using Teleport Lv2 with creamy card is one of them.
I believe that in bRO i got blocked because of these kinds of exploits.

If someone has some argument in favor of maintaining these configs please post it here. Otherwise I'll just commit the changes i find necessary to the SVN.

xlr82xs
Developers
Developers

Re: Kore shouldn't use exploits as the default option

#2 Post by xlr82xs »

Last time I talked to a developer (this was back when oRO was running) they didn't have a server side method of detecting things like that.
This is why they have started doing things like amalgamating the map servers and using EFST_DELAY to try and mitigate the use of exploits instead of fixing them or banning people for them.

Personally, I'm a fan of leaving the defaults like they are, people should be reading the documentation and setting the config options they want. I'm actually a fan of bringing back the "KILL ME" lines in the default config.txt that would stop the bot running until they were removed.

Kaspy
Halfway to Eternity
Halfway to Eternity

#3 Post by Kaspy »

Another alternative is to do as I did with the shop: create a command to use or not bugs.
And, as many people simply run the BOT know anything (and then complains about the team), keep the default setting to not use bugs.
This would avoid much of the bans on inattentive people.

kLabMouse
Administrator
Administrator

#4 Post by kLabMouse »

I'd personally better moved all the Hacks and Exploit's out of OpenKore core codes. so they are just plugins.