About the r8844 !!

Wrote new code? Fixed a bug? Want to discuss technical stuff? Feel free to post it here.

Moderator: Moderators

sofax222
Developers
Developers
Noob?: Yes

About the r8844 !!

#1 Post by sofax222 »

I think the "autoTalkCont" is good enough for auto-detect "next" during talknpc sequences !
The r8844 seems unnecessary !!

iMikeLance
Moderators
Moderators
Noob?: No

Re: About the r8844 !!

#2 Post by iMikeLance »

With r8844 you can use talknpc sequences without autoTalkCont and without "c" parameters. It becomes a lot less tedious to write macros. "c" parameter is still allowed, but I don't find it necessary anymore.
With this patch you can write "talknpc x y r0 r1 r0" instead of "talknpc x y c c c c c c c c c c r0 c c r1 c c c r0".
If using autoTalkCont alone, "talknpc x y r0 r1 r0" would result in errors and DCs.

sofax222
Developers
Developers

#3 Post by sofax222 »

Actually !!
Just, you set the "autoTalkCont" to "1" in config.txt, then, you do not need any "c" in "talknpc", even in tables/portals.txt.
Because, in src/Task/TalkNPC.pm, there are following code lines:

Code: Select all

if ($config{autoTalkCont}) {
			while ($self->{steps}[0] =~ /^c$/i) {
				shift @{$self->{steps}};
			}
		}
This meanse, with "autoTalkCont 1" setting, event you add "c" in talknpc sequences, the "c"'s will be trimed !
When I set "autoTalkCont 1", I'm experiencing never any errors or DCs without "c" in talknpc sequence !!

For example: the general opening the storage talknpc sequence is "c r1 n".
With "autoTalkCont 1" setting, I just use "talknpc r1 n", the storage still is opened correctly !!

iMikeLance
Moderators
Moderators
Noob?: No

#4 Post by iMikeLance »

But we shouldn't be forced to set autoTalkCont to 1 only to use that feature. It's also a pending feature: http://wiki.openkore.com/index.php/NPC_ ... codes#TODO
What i'm trying to do is make "c" an extremely optional parameter. That way, if someone puts a portal entry without "c" parameters, it'll work with any configuration.

sofax222
Developers
Developers

#5 Post by sofax222 »

I think the "autoTalkCont" is a switch for talking npc contunue.
Sometimes in Macro using the "talk" not "talknpc", We need "pause" for talking npc with turn-off "autoTalkCont".
What your modification will make "talking npc contunue" no waiting !

c4c1n6kr3m1
The Way Of Human
The Way Of Human

#6 Post by c4c1n6kr3m1 »

i never use "pause" when talking to npc as i remembered, so when i first read this, i don't care.
but now i have this old novice macro

do talknpc 33 172 c c c c c c
with that "step" macro, my novice will teleport to novice training ground(new_1-3) and start leveling.
but now, i don't want to leveling on training ground, i want to break talking step after the second "c", i want this step

do talknpc 33 172 c c a=relog n
but it doesn't work with autoTalkCont 1, only work with autoTalkCont 0. so this is part of my macro now

do conf autoTalkCont 0
do talknpc 33 172 c c e
do relog 2
do conf autoTalkCont 1
so this r8844 will broke my macro, right???
about portals, people must learn how to use it correctly, including the "c" sequence, it is very easy to learn it right?
no one edit src or tables folder except they understand it. ( or copy from someone )

sofax222
Developers
Developers

#7 Post by sofax222 »

Dear c4c1n6kr3m1:
Yes, some thine like that !!
You could rollback the update of r8844 !!