Anyone know about the file called WS2_32.dll?

Forum closed. All further discussion to be discussed at https://github.com/OpenKore/

Moderator: Moderators

L4M3573R
Human
Human

Anyone know about the file called WS2_32.dll?

#1 Post by L4M3573R »

The server I'm on has a file that's a modified WS2_32.dll when I open the servers client in a hex editor they have changed the file WS2_32.dll into their own modified file named "dreamer.ro" as you can probobly tell I'm talking about Dreamer RO. When I try to replace the hex of "dreamer.ro" on the client back to "ws2_32.dll" it doesn't connect to the server. Some how that file stops Kore from connecting to the client...XKore1 makes the client shut down. Regular Kore doesn't connect to the server...stops at connecting to account server. So my idea is to figure out what they have in this modified "WS2_32.dll" and see if we can change it to atleast allow Xkore 1 to connect to the client and still be able to bot...or if we can somehow copy their packets and add them into Kore we can bot regularly. I know alot of people want to bot because the server can be boring when having to farm ALL THE TIME. A downside to figuring this out is I have a feeling that IF we figure this out people are going to force Dreamer into getting a real anti-hack system like Harmony, GameFort or something. I have been trying to figure this out but I don't understand dll's. I have tried opening a WS2_32.dll in a hex editor and notepad++ next to their dreamer.ro and there is some major differences. Any insight would be appreciated. If there is anything you want me to do/try let me know I'm willing to start doing stuff to help the Openkore community but I don't know jack-shit when it comes to dll's and C++.

Fandango
Noob
Noob
Noob?: Yes

Re: Anyone know about the file called WS2_32.dll?

#2 Post by Fandango »

I can only guess that checksum might be a clue to this... allthough I don't remember what I've read about It or more importantly how to apply it in this case. Anyone who knows more? Id like to take the opportunity to learn from this aswell.
Certainty? Nothing is certain, but death and taxes.