dataBase driven kore.. need some help..

Forum closed. All further discussion to be discussed at https://github.com/OpenKore/

Moderator: Moderators

hokutosei
Noob
Noob
Noob?: Yes

dataBase driven kore.. need some help..

#1 Post by hokutosei »

Greetings,

first, thank you all for this wonderful software.. lately, i have been playing RO again.. i quite setup myself a dedicated server, running plenty of kore in it.. but managing them, is quite hard when i expands.

i kept looking somewhere in 'src' folder, and still looking. is there anyone who could tell me where should i'd look for where kore stores or define character level, job, exp, and etc values. so i could write a script that stores this values to a mysql and fetch it to me easily, just by fetching the db.

i just want to extract the characters base level, job, exp and so on to a database.. i have quite some few ideas running on my head now.. like a web base management for kore.. but until i don't get this how, i won't be progressing.

anyway, im just asking for anybody who could answer me..i hope am making a sense here..

Thank you in advance guys!

EternalHarvest
Developers
Developers

Re: dataBase driven kore.. need some help..

#2 Post by EternalHarvest »

hokutosei wrote:i kept looking somewhere in 'src' folder, and still looking. is there anyone who could tell me where should i'd look for where kore stores or define character level, job, exp, and etc values.
Commands.pm, Network/Receive.pm and Network/Receive/ServerType0.pm are good sources for that. To get access to the same variables, "use Globals".

hokutosei
Noob
Noob

#3 Post by hokutosei »

Greetings,

Thank you for the reply!, I'm looking and studying it right now. thank you!. however, yesterday, upon searching in the forums, i found a post that quite useful to what i want. using macro, then do an eval, and passing an args. This Post

i found his post quite useful. but, i think, macro variables lacks to what i need, like exp points and others. sorry to ask too much, is there a way for this? so i could just easily pass those args to my scripts and insert it to my db?

Thank you again!!!

hokutosei
Noob
Noob

#4 Post by hokutosei »

Greetings,

i think i should write my own variables instead, then use it for macro.. hmmm..

EternalHarvest
Developers
Developers

#5 Post by EternalHarvest »

You should make a plugin. Macro may have access to everything, but it isn't suited well for anything serious or complicated. There are many plugins in svn to use as examples.

hokutosei
Noob
Noob

#6 Post by hokutosei »

Greetings,

hmmm i see.. thanks for the advice.. however, I'm not agile with perl.. all of my scripts are Ruby, Python and Ruby on Rails for my web based management.... am tangling down, to port this to perl, however i can read perl a little..

anyway, I'm still studying it.. All i want was, pull out from kore all necessary values(exp(base,joblevel), hp, sp, characterName, baseLevelUpTimeEst.), thats it.. then query it to the db, then send all of this data via email to me(while am away), in readable format of course..

i might as well add, send commands via email to kore and reply back...quite lots of work to do..

Thank you again for the advices and help;