what the effect of XSTools???

Forum closed. All further discussion to be discussed at https://github.com/OpenKore/

Moderator: Moderators

common123
Human
Human

what the effect of XSTools???

#1 Post by common123 »

i deleted XSTools.dll which in "src\auto\XSTools"

and deleted something like algorithm.cpp,algorithm.h,PathFinding.xs which in "src\auto\XSTools\PathFinding"

deleted XSTools.dll which in the directory whihc have "start.exe" in it if there is a XSTools.dll file

so my bot will be ran without the "XSTools.dll" which contain some function like CalcpathStep

when i run my bot(not Xkore)to move from one map to other map but bot still run well

SO bot(not Kore) dont need XSTools.dll at all

Ishis opinion rihgt?

so openkore CalcPath in a same map from start to dist just use perl code not c code rihgt?

why there is a function named Calcpath... in XSTools.dll??? what case openkore openkore will

call this function???

Bibian
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

Re: what the effect of XSTools???

#2 Post by Bibian »

kore doesn't work without XSTools... and i fail to see how this is development help related?

common123
Human
Human

#3 Post by common123 »

i am finding CalcPath scripts which i want to seee it's perl code or C code(dll)

i want to learn how openkore walk from map to map...

i want to delete all of XSTools.dll in a openkore then try to run it

my way is :

i copy all of Openkore files to my "C:\mybot" then use "search" to find XSTools.dll in C prartition then delete all of "XSTools.dll"

then run "start.exe"(Not XKore mode) and bot can walk well from one map to another map

so it seems really dont need the "XSTools.dll" in none-Xkore mode...

my mean is (console)openkore(not Xkore) dont need the XSTools.dll file not mean openkore dont need the folder named XSTools which in "...\src\auto"

because i have tested it... can you test it too if you have some time...if you dont mind :roll: ;) :)

Bibian
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

#4 Post by Bibian »

you ALWAYS need xstools, kore will try to compile it (in linux) if there is no xstools.
complex calculations are done by xstools afaik

common123
Human
Human

#5 Post by common123 »

Sorry i didnt notice the system problem(i thought most of users using the Windows)

all of my test is in the WindowXP system not the Linux system

if you dont have the Windows system,maybe you cant get a rihgt conclusion quickly....

maybe you cant test it like me

thank you too

it seems in task folder there are some scripts like CalcMapRoute.pm , MapRoute.pm, Route.pm do the work so openkore dont need CalcPath... in XSTools.dll....

sli
Perl Monk
Perl Monk
Noob?: No

#6 Post by sli »

Sigh. Am I the only one ALREADY annoyed by this guy?
cs : ee : realist

common123
Human
Human

#7 Post by common123 »

i think a actual test is best important,

i clicked"begin menu","run",and typed "XSTools.dll" then windows told me "no this file can be found" so i can make sure in my test(run openkore without xstools.dll) there is really no "XSTools.dll"

my test made a conclusion that Openkore(not X mode) dont need XSTools...

anyone can test it too??? or just my computer dont need the "XSTools"???

in the website somebody alose said that XSTools.dll just needed in the X-kore mode

i am :?

sli
Perl Monk
Perl Monk
Noob?: No

#8 Post by sli »

Sure, until you plan on PathFinding, then everything breaks. You're talking like we have no idea what XSTools is and that it's also causing an incredible amount of overhead (utter bullshit). Why are you crusading so hard for a completely useless version of OpenKore, anyway?
cs : ee : realist

common123
Human
Human

#9 Post by common123 »

i have tested two working version of openkore,it's Openkore 2.0.5.1 and a SVN version which said "Openkore what-will-became-2.0.7"

two of them can work well(i used a accounts tested it in a server) without the "XSTools.dll"

and it's easiest for anyone to test just need you to delete the "XSTools.dll" you can find in your openkore

even the files in "system32" or all of "XSTools.dll" in system path,delete all of that files then you can open openkore and see if it can work well or not

after a test, if anyone find openkore(not Xkore mode) cant work as same as before

so maybe it's my version of openkore's problem...

i test and write what i see... i dont want to say something without a test...i cant imagine what's right without a test....
Last edited by common123 on 10 Oct 2008, 05:09, edited 1 time in total.

kali
OpenKore Monk
OpenKore Monk

#10 Post by kali »

XStools is built-in the start.exe so if you're running openkore from there, you don't need xstools.dll (since it's already loaded form start.exe) But if you're running openkore from a perl interpreter, you'd need the dll to be present. start.exe was made to simplify installation - otherwise you'd need to get your own perl interpreter plus install some required perl modules in order to get openkore to work - not very easy.

So nothing's changed. xstools is an INTEGRAL part of openkore.

Can't you just believe the people who developed openkore?
Got your topic trashed by a mod?

Trashing topics is one click, and moving a topic to its proper forum is a lot harder. You expend the least effort in deciding where to post, mods expend the least effort by trashing.

Have a nice day.