EssenceRO: Hard Coding Server IPs

Forum closed. All further discussion to be discussed at https://github.com/OpenKore/

Moderator: Moderators

NuklearAge
Noob
Noob

EssenceRO: Hard Coding Server IPs

#1 Post by NuklearAge »

EssenceRO uses a novel trick to keep bots off the server. The Character and Map servers come down from the account server as 127.0.0.1:5121 and 127.0.0.1:6121. There is no way to forward these ports via hosts file or other built in windows trickery to avoid it.

Is there a way to specify in the .pm or config files (somewhere in the network or account server file I guess?) a hard set of IPs for the Login, Account, Character and map servers? I've tried pretty much everything I can think of, and this is the only way I can imagine of being able to bot effectively on essenceRO.

Bibian
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

Re: EssenceRO: Hard Coding Server IPs

#2 Post by Bibian »

here's a hint: 127.0.0.1 is your localhost
that means they are using a locally installed proxy most likely. so SOMETHING on your system is proxying to the correct IP

NuklearAge
Noob
Noob

#3 Post by NuklearAge »

Bibian wrote:here's a hint: 127.0.0.1 is your localhost
that means they are using a locally installed proxy most likely. so SOMETHING on your system is proxying to the correct IP
Yeah, the client itself is acting as the proxy in this case. Is there a program available to do this type of proxying, or barring that, a fairly trivial mod to the code to add in the specific IPs required to get it going?

Bibian
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

#4 Post by Bibian »

Get Wireshark, then make it sniff all ports about 1024. start RO, login and stop wireshark.

Now look for your username inside the packets that were sent (might be a lot). You should find it twice, once sending it from RO -> localhost and then localhost -> real server
you need the 2nd occurance, then simply use that IP + port in a new servers.txt entry and find the proper servertype and all. That is all

NuklearAge
Noob
Noob

#5 Post by NuklearAge »

Bibian wrote:Get Wireshark, then make it sniff all ports about 1024. start RO, login and stop wireshark.

Now look for your username inside the packets that were sent (might be a lot). You should find it twice, once sending it from RO -> localhost and then localhost -> real server
you need the 2nd occurance, then simply use that IP + port in a new servers.txt entry and find the proper servertype and all. That is all
Nope, that didn't work. The server's redirection is hardcoded into the client apparently. No proxying involved. It ignores the character and map server IPs and uses ones built into the exe.

So now I'm back to square one. Is there a way to hard code the Account, Character, and Map server IPs and ports into the bot somehow?

Bibian
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

#6 Post by Bibian »

sniffing packets will work 100%... they have to receive the packets in some form or another...
you're prolly missing something or doing something wrong

NuklearAge
Noob
Noob

#7 Post by NuklearAge »

Bibian wrote:sniffing packets will work 100%... they have to receive the packets in some form or another...
There are no packets to 127.0.0.1/localhost, the client ingores the character server IP response and uses a hard coded one. The bot uses the character server IP, which fails misserably since my computer is obviously not the character server. So no, in this case packet sniffing won't work, as this circumvents the normal network protocol of the Ragnarok client/server.

sli
Perl Monk
Perl Monk
Noob?: No

#8 Post by sli »

NuklearAge wrote:
Bibian wrote:sniffing packets will work 100%... they have to receive the packets in some form or another...
There are no packets to 127.0.0.1/localhost, the client ingores the character server IP response and uses a hard coded one. The bot uses the character server IP, which fails misserably since my computer is obviously not the character server. So no, in this case packet sniffing won't work, as this circumvents the normal network protocol of the Ragnarok client/server.
No it doesn't. You just need to know what to look for so you can find the correct address.
cs : ee : realist

isieo
Kami-Sama Desu~
Kami-Sama Desu~
Noob?: Yes

#9 Post by isieo »

use wep for this kind of cases

and what i think is they are redirecting packets to an encryptor, or they shouldn't think of doing such weird thing...

edit: oh wait.. maybe its just redirecting to a dye proxy.

Sevenfold
Noob
Noob
Noob?: No

#10 Post by Sevenfold »

I currently have a bot working for EssenceRO and you don't need to do anything special just get the server info like you would with any other server and you can play.
The bot works both with X-Kore on and without I will post its data HERE