Openkore community, we need to talk.

Announcements/News

Moderator: Moderators

kLabMouse
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Openkore community, we need to talk.

#21 Post by kLabMouse »

itsrachelfish wrote:This might be a bit of a grandiose suggestion, but has anyone considered moving kore's AI to a more modular plugins system? Imagine if kore's base functionality was to handle networking and basic functions for interacting with the game, leaving AI, attack skills, item usage, etc. to plugins?

Just a thought.
There is an Implementation of that (and not only that), if old experimental branch called "AI 2008".
It was made, so it can make bigger differences and became our v3.
Bug for today, even the v2 one is not stable yet, and thus few developers that we have cannot handle all the data flow lately.

EternalHarvest
Developers
Developers
Noob?: Yes

#22 Post by EternalHarvest »

itsrachelfish wrote:has anyone considered moving kore's AI to a more modular plugins system? Imagine if kore's base functionality was to handle networking and basic functions for interacting with the game, leaving AI, attack skills, item usage, etc. to plugins?
Yeah, all of that can be moved to plugins, but now things aren't modular for that to be possible. CoreLogic.pm with friends should disappear, moving AI to Tasks and stuff. Hooks should be greatly improved, too. All ideas from experimental branches (magic words like Environment, Smart Hooks) may apply.

There is a plan to have "built-in" plugins (for different features, just as you described) which would live somewhere inside src/ (to make sure they're always updated and compatible) and be loaded by default (for compatibility and quick start). That's easy to do, and internally they would be exactly the same as usual plugins. They can be developed like usual plugins right now as well.
Even if we had all the resources to pull that, I think we still better apply all requirements to v2 while it makes sense to do so (we need to keep all existing features anyway). If we need to greatly redesign and rewrite some subsystem, we can just think of what would be needed in v3 - and make it right there in v2.

kLabMouse
Administrator
Administrator

#23 Post by kLabMouse »

EternalHarvest wrote:
Even if we had all the resources to pull that, I think we still better apply all requirements to v2 while it makes sense to do so (we need to keep all existing features anyway). If we need to greatly redesign and rewrite some subsystem, we can just think of what would be needed in v3 - and make it right there in v2.
We where doing so. No?
v2.1 was designed to be intermediate. Like a v2 branch that slowly become v3 in time.
Like v2 branch slowly maintained to be compatible and stable, while v3 unstable branch development. That was the idea behind all this.

But that goal is far far away today.

ponty
Moderators
Moderators
Noob?: No

#24 Post by ponty »

kLabMouse wrote:
EternalHarvest wrote:
We where doing so. No?
v2.1 was designed to be intermediate. Like a v2 branch that slowly become v3 in time.
Like v2 branch slowly maintained to be compatible and stable, while v3 unstable branch development. That was the idea behind all this.

But that goal is far far away today.
Do we have a Road Map description of the sorts? Just slightly in more detail of what the different stages should contain.
Follow The template in Asking Questions or Be Trashed

Openkore Documentation Editor/Writer
~Servus Servorum~

kLabMouse
Administrator
Administrator

#25 Post by kLabMouse »

ponty wrote:Do we have a Road Map description of the sorts? Just slightly in more detail of what the different stages should contain.
Well. we some long time ago agreed that first thing should be "Network", and done before 2.1 release.
As for other parts. We did not discussed them yet.

Shadow7
Human
Human

#26 Post by Shadow7 »

Saw this just now. I'm fairly advanced with regards to macros so I think I'll help out. :) I don't mind spoon feeding the newbies (as long as they don't ask for whole macros) in the hopes that they learn and be able to support themselves sooner or later.

microvirus
Noob
Noob

#27 Post by microvirus »

How can I be of help, willing to lend some of my time to the Openkore Community.
-
Btw, how can I apply for let say a moderator.
Im a programmer though am not a perl programmer,but I do understand codings of any languages, although it could delay at times.
Anyway,a simple moderator would help in such way. So count me in as a moderator.
Please do PM me at facebook.
http://www.facebook.com/microvirus.microsoft.ph

Thanks.

n0s
Human
Human

#28 Post by n0s »

i dont think this post approval system is a good idea, even if you want to answer a question, it takes like days until your post will appear

but i really dont want the openkore project to die, so i will contribute as much as i can

right now im learning some pearl basics, ill try to write some plugins, who knows maybe i will come up with a good idea

i am sure there are enough ppl using kore and also willing to help, we need just more activity in the board, maybe some of the leechers will stay and even try to help other ppl or make constructive posts

marfillaster
Noob
Noob

#29 Post by marfillaster »

Guys,

Do you have plan into moving the project to github? I think it will help greatly increase contribution and allow easier review on pull requests. I can help in migration.

kLabMouse
Administrator
Administrator

#30 Post by kLabMouse »

marfillaster wrote:Guys,

Do you have plan into moving the project to github? I think it will help greatly increase contribution and allow easier review on pull requests. I can help in migration.
Tried. Had a few Issues.