Openkore.com

OpenKore Forums
It is currently 14 Nov 2018, 05:34

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Recruiting Openkore Documentation Writers
PostPosted: 19 May 2008, 09:26 
Offline
Kami-Sama Desu~
Kami-Sama Desu~
User avatar

Joined: 04 Apr 2008, 09:24
Posts: 196
Location: 31th Dimension
The Openkore team is DESPERATELY in need of documentation writers in it's plans to overhaul the entire documentation into the wiki system so it is consistent and easy to use.

The documentation writers will work under h4rry84 and myself.

Your responsibilities will include:
Migrating, maintaining and creating guides/manual/faqs in the wiki system.
Moderating the FAQs section.

Criteria for standards of language:
No leet speak.
A good command of English with ability to write in a style appropriate for software documentations.
Ability to convey technical information in concise but simple language.
Ability to write content in a third person view and neutral manner.

Candidate criteria:
Willingness to come regularly on IRC would be a plus.
Knowledge of wiki will be preferable but we can teach and give training.
Knowledge and willingness to create screen casts guides/tutorial is VERY HIGHLY sought after.
Highly motivated and independent so the wiki can be updated in a timely manner with little supervision.
Active and remain so for the foreseeable future. However if you are willing to join the docs team temporary and help out then leave/go MIA, that's acceptable too =P

If you think you are fit for the criteria listed above, if possible please provide a brief explanation of yourself, your skill sets and samples if you have it. You are still highly recommended to apply if you are interested and think you're capable even if you do not have experience. We can teach and give training on technical skills, all we need is manpower.

By joining the documentation team and having proven oneself to be exceptional, moderating authority is highly likely to be given.

People to contact if interested:
Cozzie
h4rry84
...
anyone in
memberlist.php?mode=group&g=9

_________________
Openkore Svn Zips:
Image
Doing Stuff Better At CollectSkin.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Recruiting Openkore Documentation Writers
PostPosted: 20 May 2008, 00:23 
Offline
Moderators
Moderators

Joined: 04 Apr 2008, 10:21
Posts: 176
Location: In your dreams...
Well..can I nominate myself? =P
Coming to the criteria I think I meet all the requirements, except that I am not that good at html,
I have written a few guides for servers & willing to write more =P,
I am active most of the time & can edit/write the manual and check the FAQ's.
I am also available on the IRC most of the time.
I really want to contribute to the openkore forums in all the ways I can.
Quote:
If you think you are fit for the criteria listed above, if possible please provide a brief explanation of yourself, your skill sets and samples if you have it. You are still highly recommended to apply if you are interested and think you're capable even if you do not have experience.

I have provided a brief explanation of myself (was that enough?) And my samples.. viewtopic.php?f=28&t=845 I don't know as to call it really a "Guide" but thats what I have done so far & helped people as many as I can in the proper* way.




*Opinions may differ


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Recruiting Openkore Documentation Writers
PostPosted: 20 May 2008, 09:24 
Offline
Moderators
Moderators
User avatar

Joined: 04 Apr 2008, 09:30
Posts: 235
Location: My House
have ever writing Wiki before ? try to learn it from now if you're interested in this job :mrgreen:

_________________
Image
Follow The template in Asking Question or Be Trashed


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Recruiting Openkore Documentation Writers
PostPosted: 21 May 2008, 23:41 
Offline
Moderators
Moderators

Joined: 04 Apr 2008, 10:21
Posts: 176
Location: In your dreams...
h4rry84 wrote:
have ever writing Wiki before ? try to learn it from now if you're interested in this job :mrgreen:

I have written something for the manual already. ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Recruiting Openkore Documentation Writers
PostPosted: 27 May 2008, 04:06 
Offline
Noob
Noob

Joined: 27 May 2008, 03:58
Posts: 1
I am very much interested and I am qualified. I am also willing to be trained about anything I should know. You may send email to themusicneverends@gmail.com for anything you want me to edit or write.
I am an editor for the past 13 years now. I have also published several articles and book, and I translated books and films. Hope you will consider me. Thanks a lot.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Recruiting Openkore Documentation Writers
PostPosted: 27 May 2008, 05:37 
Offline
Developers
Developers
User avatar

Joined: 04 Apr 2008, 09:50
Posts: 109
editorwriter wrote:
I am very much interested and I am qualified. I am also willing to be trained about anything I should know. You may send email to themusicneverends@gmail.com for anything you want me to edit or write.
I am an editor for the past 13 years now. I have also published several articles and book, and I translated books and films. Hope you will consider me. Thanks a lot.




WOWWW!!! How about you give it a try then... we all wanna see your talent. Wiki..... ^^

_________________
An Overall Macro Plugins Diffs Proposal


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Recruiting Openkore Documentation Writers
PostPosted: 29 May 2008, 10:50 
Offline
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

Joined: 04 Apr 2008, 03:08
Posts: 416
i like how 99% of the community are fucking leechers and dont even bother to help out with trivial things like writing documentation...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Recruiting Openkore Documentation Writers
PostPosted: 06 Jun 2008, 11:15 
I'm not sure if you guys already have it but I just remembered I saved a html manual page from openkore. I'm not sure if this is what you guys are looking for but I can go ahead and post it somewhere. Also I'm not sure where a good place I could post online, so if someone can tell me a good free hosting site.

*Edited: Wait, well this says config.txt:Reference as the title
**Edited: Ok nvm, this just comes with the configuration files, because I noticed them in all my profiles.


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: Recruiting Openkore Documentation Writers
PostPosted: 06 Jun 2008, 12:33 
Offline
Moderators
Moderators

Joined: 04 Apr 2008, 10:21
Posts: 176
Location: In your dreams...
Bibian wrote:
i like how 99% of the community are fucking leechers and dont even bother to help out with trivial things like writing documentation...

First, I was away for about 8-10 days (work),
Then bibian I can easily say that your pointing at me, aren't you? I will take that as a polite ways of saying "You are a fucking retard that uses the forums and points to others and calling it 'help'...." & guess what I completely agree with you, but atleast I do that & I nominated with helping thought in my mind instead of pride & ego (guess that's what you think.)Now, "trivial things like writing documentation" yeah true I am not around the FAQ's (would it really matter if you give me a chance?) but I help people around in the private section more.
Finally, I don't know how many more people gave this a try (did you get any pm's regarding this isieo?) openly posting & the decision lies with you whether to trust "fucking leechers" like me or someone who has a post count of 1 , Atleast I have some experience.
@offtopic
What was with forums inbetween , it was down.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Recruiting Openkore Documentation Writers
PostPosted: 06 Jun 2008, 18:24 
Offline
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

Joined: 04 Apr 2008, 03:08
Posts: 416
andy12345 wrote:
First, I was away for about 8-10 days (work),
Then bibian I can easily say that your pointing at me, aren't you? I will take that as a polite ways of saying "You are a fucking retard that uses the forums and points to others and calling it 'help'...." & guess what I completely agree with you, but atleast I do that & I nominated with helping thought in my mind instead of pride & ego (guess that's what you think.)Now, "trivial things like writing documentation" yeah true I am not around the FAQ's (would it really matter if you give me a chance?) but I help people around in the private section more.
Finally, I don't know how many more people gave this a try (did you get any pm's regarding this isieo?) openly posting & the decision lies with you whether to trust "fucking leechers" like me or someone who has a post count of 1 , Atleast I have some experience.
@offtopic
What was with forums inbetween , it was down.


Uh no i wasn't talking about you specific, im talking about people that only take and don't give... people that never bother to share their code improvements, people that might be able to help but won't for retarded reasons.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group