Post trashing

Announcements/News

Moderator: Moderators

Bibian
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

Post trashing

#1 Post by Bibian »

We've been trashing a lot of posts past few... months... People complain about their posts being trashed, PM me about it (i warn them for it) or post an angry new thread about why their post was trashed or even just copy the trashed thread and post it again...

Here are some reasons to trash posts for us:
  • The subject is ambiguous or not following the designated template for that section (ie: "bot no work")
  • The thread is posted totally wrong (ie: support questions in discussion)
  • The thread body is not according to the template for that designated section
  • The question has been asked a million times and a simple search will reveal the anwser
  • The question can be found if you read the DAMN MANUAL
These are the prime reasons to trash a post, we trash for other reason too but less often.
Why do we trash them? cause they have no value and will not add any (new) information to the forum. Sure you might get sick of us trashing your post, but try putting yourself in our shoes...
besides its not so hard to read the manual, follow a template, come up with a descriptive title, etc... is it? If your anwser was "yes" you shouldn't be posting here at all.

andy12345
Moderators
Moderators
Noob?: No

Re: Post trashing

#2 Post by andy12345 »

Bibian why do you think people will read it even if it's a global announcement. (If they can't read the stickies / rules /manual they most prolly won't read this)Today..I kneel down and pray for hope that people will start reading global announcements and all the stuff. :|

isieo
Kami-Sama Desu~
Kami-Sama Desu~
Noob?: Yes

#3 Post by isieo »

you should change the titile to "I will trash your post!!" its more catchy.

h4rry84
Moderators
Moderators
Noob?: Yes

#4 Post by h4rry84 »

yay i dominated the post trashing :mrgreen: