Openkore.com

OpenKore Forums
It is currently 22 May 2018, 04:05

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: URGENT: Future of Openkore - community opinion encouraged!
PostPosted: 06 Mar 2009, 01:05 
Offline
Noob
Noob

Joined: 23 Feb 2009, 03:42
Posts: 3
I myself would love to help out, as I'm an aspiring comp. scientist myself, and while this may not exactly by name worthy on a resume, some real world experience would be a big boon. Unfortunately I know jack shit about perl and other scripting languages, seeing as how java and cpp are the big two in teaching, but from what I've seen the cosmetic differences are nowhere near as bad as CPP and ASM


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: URGENT: Future of Openkore - community opinion encouraged!
PostPosted: 06 Mar 2009, 05:14 
Offline
Administrator
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: 24 Apr 2008, 12:02
Posts: 1299
ikono wrote:
I myself would love to help out, as I'm an aspiring comp. scientist myself, and while this may not exactly by name worthy on a resume, some real world experience would be a big boon. Unfortunately I know jack shit about perl and other scripting languages, seeing as how java and cpp are the big two in teaching, but from what I've seen the cosmetic differences are nowhere near as bad as CPP and ASM


There is much difference between Scripting languages, and Procedural/Object Oriented languages that can compile to native code.
But, if you know C++, you can write anything in any language except ASM. There is not so much difference if you know basics.

_________________
Join our Team. Click here.
Image


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: URGENT: Future of Openkore - community opinion encouraged!
PostPosted: 06 Mar 2009, 05:31 
Offline
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

Joined: 04 Apr 2008, 03:08
Posts: 416
how would a new project leader be any good if there are no devs with time to work on stuff?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: URGENT: Future of Openkore - community opinion encouraged!
PostPosted: 06 Mar 2009, 05:35 
Offline
Administrator
Administrator
User avatar

Joined: 24 Apr 2008, 12:02
Posts: 1299
Bibian wrote:
how would a new project leader be any good if there are no devs with time to work on stuff?

Can we wait a while? I think, new dev's will be interested in AI 2008 on time, when it reach public alpha testing stage.

_________________
Join our Team. Click here.
Image


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: URGENT: Future of Openkore - community opinion encouraged!
PostPosted: 07 Mar 2009, 01:30 
Offline
OpenKore Monk
OpenKore Monk

Joined: 04 Apr 2008, 10:10
Posts: 474
I'm personally interested in klab's ai2008, but only from the non-scaffolding point of view. In other words, I'm helplessly lost in developing libraries and support stuff, but I can manage my way using it.

_________________
Got your topic trashed by a mod?

Trashing topics is one click, and moving a topic to its proper forum is a lot harder. You expend the least effort in deciding where to post, mods expend the least effort by trashing.

Have a nice day.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: URGENT: Future of Openkore - community opinion encouraged!
PostPosted: 07 Mar 2009, 15:42 
Offline
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

Joined: 04 Apr 2008, 17:26
Posts: 811
Bibian wrote:
how would a new project leader be any good if there are no devs with time to work on stuff?

Because as the project stands, it's incredibly unattractive to join. There's no structure or interoperability between what devs we do have.

_________________
cs : ee : realist


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: URGENT: Future of Openkore - community opinion encouraged!
PostPosted: 07 Mar 2009, 21:37 
Offline
Noob
Noob

Joined: 06 Feb 2009, 07:54
Posts: 12
sli wrote:
Because as the project stands, it's incredibly unattractive to join. There's no structure or interoperability between what devs we do have.


true - i think one of the reason is that perl is pretty much a write only language. I have perl experience, but i still cant grok the code base, even with the documentation available on the wiki and the perl docs for devs.

would it be good to propose a complete rewrite of openkore in a more accessible language*?







* java, is the candidate i guess...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: URGENT: Future of Openkore - community opinion encouraged!
PostPosted: 07 Mar 2009, 23:46 
Offline
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

Joined: 04 Apr 2008, 17:26
Posts: 811
sangohan wrote:
would it be good to propose a complete rewrite of openkore in a more accessible language*?

Keep up with the times.

sangohan wrote:
* java, is the candidate i guess...

:lol:

Oh, wait, were you serious? Sorry, should have lol'd harder. :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
cs : ee : realist


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: URGENT: Future of Openkore - community opinion encouraged!
PostPosted: 08 Mar 2009, 00:25 
Offline
Noob
Noob

Joined: 06 Feb 2009, 07:54
Posts: 12
sli wrote:
sangohan wrote:
would it be good to propose a complete rewrite of openkore in a more accessible language*?

Keep up with the times.

sangohan wrote:
* java, is the candidate i guess...

:lol:

Oh, wait, were you serious? Sorry, should have lol'd harder. :lol: :lol: :lol:


O_O how come ive never heard of that project =( it ought to be publicized better.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: URGENT: Future of Openkore - community opinion encouraged!
PostPosted: 08 Mar 2009, 02:19 
Offline
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

Joined: 04 Apr 2008, 17:26
Posts: 811
I don't want noobs polluting it.

_________________
cs : ee : realist


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group