Items hacking

All non-related to RO or OpenKore goes here. Enter at your own risk.

Moderator: Moderators

nick
Human
Human
Noob?: No

Items hacking

#1 Post by nick »

Guys, many years back ro client is very vulnerable to "hacks". For example, duplication of items, gaining lvls, zeny gaining and so on. Those could be accomplish through client side hacking. However, now it is not vulnerable anymore.

So, i am here because i would like to discussion about items duplicating. I know everything now is server-side and it is very tough to duplicate. For example i have this "apple". It is stored in the database, saying that i have an apple on my character. If i could convince the server that i have 2 apples, i will have 2 apples. So, what i am thinking of is if i could send a packet to the server saying that i have picked up an apple, will the server validate it by checking if any particular monster dropped it? If it does not validate, than we will have a good chance in duplicating items.

I hope anyone familiar with this could contribute something. Thank you.
(Sorry for posting here, i could not post it on the "Discussion" thread)

freezer123
Plain Yogurt
Plain Yogurt

Re: Items hacking

#2 Post by freezer123 »

Openkore DOES not Support Items hacking/Duplicating and/or any sort of Illegal Programs. Please read the rules
Bibian wrote:The following rules apply to all sections of the forum but may be overruled by specific section rules if need be.
By registering on this forum you agree to these rules and we expect you to know, remember and respect them.

DO
  • Use English.
  • Use common sense.
  • Read the rules of sections if these exist.
  • Read these rules when they are updated.
  • Respect other board members no matter their believes or opinions.
  • Report posts that do not follow the rules (the the lil Warning sign on the top left/right of the post).
DON'T
  • Go around insulting people, thats my job around here.
  • Spam!
  • Request or divulge howto modify OpenKore to KS.
  • Post in the wrong sections (example: do not ask for help in Discussions)
  • Post illegal stuff (ie: illegal software, explicit material or anything else considerd illegal)
  • Double post in the same thread OR across multiple sections. If you posted in a wrong section and wish to move it, edit the post to say "wrong section, please move to section X
  • Send unsolicited PM's to people (Especially not to Admins or Moderators). This means that you are NOT to ask for support using PMs. This is an open source community, and thus we would like support issues to be answered equally in an open and transparent manner as well as it is beneficial for future reference
  • use ambiguous / meaningless subjects (ie:"plz help" or "need help", use MEANINGFULL subjects)
Admins and moderators have the right to apply these rules as they see fit and punish as they see fit.
Punishments can range from trashing a post/thread, warning or a (temporary) ban.
Please note that 3 warnings will automaticly get you banned, warnings go away after 90 days.
Rules do not have to be listed on this post to be enforced, if an Admin or Moderator feels an UNWRITTEN rule has been broken he/she is allowed to act.

And last but not least, IGNORANCE IS NOT AN EXCUSE.

nick
Human
Human

#3 Post by nick »

Okay, well, I understand that openkore is trying to be professional. Anyway, does anyone know any forum where i can discuss about this? Nowadays, the ragnarok community is small. Please help me.

Scarya
Moderators
Moderators

#4 Post by Scarya »

Sure this is server-side tested ;-)
Actually there's no way to dupe stuff with sending modified packets.
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots.
So far, the universe is winning.

Richard Cook

Wiki

nick
Human
Human

#5 Post by nick »

Is there any other way other than "hacking" the server?

survivorsavior
Human
Human

#6 Post by survivorsavior »

doubt any script out there that lets you dupe anymore.
Ever since the end of ep5.0, they made the item patch server side to prevent packet hacking.
So.....if you really want to dupe, start learning how to hack.

markjames
Human
Human
Noob?: Yes

#7 Post by markjames »

Hacking items are considered very important in moderators......Thanks for this and i don't know further about it. :o