GPU/Processor Inquiry

All non-related to RO or OpenKore goes here. Enter at your own risk.

Moderator: Moderators

xmdsx1
Noob
Noob
Noob?: No

GPU/Processor Inquiry

#1 Post by xmdsx1 »

So, in this topic, I will ask the question that raises 3 points:

1.) Which processor performs faster
2.) Which processor performs faster under heavy loads
3.) The max amount Openkore bot's can be run on each at a given time.

I have 2 choices of Processors. AMD Phenom II x6 1055T or Intel Core i5-650.

The AMD has 6 cores running roughly 3.2ghz, and the i5 has 4 cores running roughly 3.2ghz.

The true question is, i've seen some reviews (statistics and data dumps running the two from reveiw sites showing graphical data of processor usage during loads) and i'm halfway about the nature of the six core. Just because it has six cores doesn't make it better.

However, wouldn't one think that, because it has six cores, more Openkore bots could be run at once then the i5? (Given an 8GB RAM system).

Anyone who could give some suggestions in regard to these 2 processors, other processor suggestions, or any other form of comment, please leave it.

Thank you for your time.

L4M3573R
Human
Human

Re: GPU/Processor Inquiry

#2 Post by L4M3573R »

Well for more raw power between those it would obviously be the 1055T. I'm an AMD fan boy anyways. I'm currently running 1090T with 8GB of RAM. I think at that point you could run as many bots as your internet could handle and then some. The AMD X6 CPUs have a nice feature that distributes items onto different cores so that way 1 core doesn't have 100% load while the other 5 are at 2%. Personal choice would be the 1055 all day long...even against Intel's $999.99 CPUs especially for the price. Also if you google up benchmarks of both those CPUs you will get your answer from there.

I hope you've built your own machine before because if you don't know Intel CPU's don't work on AMD motherboards and vice versa.

PS I think the name of the thread is wrong it should be CPU not GPU not that big of a mistake I thought you were also looking for a GPU suggestion.