Openkore sure has gotten dead....>_>

All non-related to RO or OpenKore goes here. Enter at your own risk.

Moderator: Moderators

L4M3573R
Human
Human

Openkore sure has gotten dead....>_>

#1 Post by L4M3573R »

So what's with the Openkore community being so dead? Openkore used to be the place to hang out with so many people online. Is there a new botting program now or something that everyone is so hyped up about that took all of Openkore users away?

EternalHarvest
Developers
Developers
Noob?: Yes

Re: Openkore sure has gotten dead....>_>

#2 Post by EternalHarvest »

"Unless these things are dealt with, the community will go down hill, and in the near future nobody will be able to bot anymore! This is no joke, nor am I trying to scare you: I'm just being realistic."
-- VCL

Backlog of unapproved posts and uncommitted patches just makes it worse.

L4M3573R
Human
Human

#3 Post by L4M3573R »

Unless what things are dealt with? All the new anti-hack stuff? Maybe we should change Openkore into something that doesn't need to connect to the client or server(I know people have their 20+ bots but sucks for them) and make it detect monsters from a visual(client open). At least we will still be able to bot. >_> I know people are going to be all like "My 200+ bot accounts can't be used so I only make 2 mil a day!"...Not my problem.

EternalHarvest
Developers
Developers

#4 Post by EternalHarvest »

L4M3573R wrote:Unless what things are dealt with?
As written at the linked page, lack of developers and supporters.
L4M3573R wrote:Maybe we should change Openkore into something that doesn't need to connect to the client or server(I know people have their 20+ bots but sucks for them) and make it detect monsters from a visual(client open).
These methods of botting (would the latter be implemented) don't exclude each other. It may even be implemented as something like fake server which would transform visual information into ragnarok protocol. We finally have a good way to do packet generation, so that part of it wouldn't be too hard (similar to XKore 2).

kidsforsale
Noob
Noob

#5 Post by kidsforsale »

each post needs to be reviewed always which is soooooooooo annoying! requesting a script in eathena is easier than getting help in here! geez

Mortimal
Developers
Developers
Noob?: No

#6 Post by Mortimal »

Asking something that u can write by yourself is stupid :/ To get help you must do something by your self at first... Not just wait for spoon-feeding. There is grate wiki manual there is 99% of information you need. and those 1% you always can get here in forums. Of course when you write: "Help me write macro to %questname% I read manual but understand nothing." no one will help you.
Please use pin function for uploading your file contents!

L4M3573R
Human
Human

#7 Post by L4M3573R »

@kidsforsale what does that have to do with Openkore dieing out? eAthena scripts are way different then anything in Openkore anyways. If you can't learn to make a macro for Openkore then that is really your problem.

EternalHarvest
Developers
Developers

#8 Post by EternalHarvest »

kidsforsale wrote:each post needs to be reviewed always which is soooooooooo annoying
Yeah, it also provokes double posting (since unapproved posts aren't visible) and stalls the whole thing when nobody's around.

L4M3573R
Human
Human

#9 Post by L4M3573R »

Sounds like something you should discuss with the admin(s) of the forums. Openkore dieing out has nothing to do with posts needing to be checked first. I don't find it respectful for someone to just click on someone new post and just start changing the subject. You should make a new discussion with you thoughts about the forums...not just waltz into someone elses post and start trying to take it over. No wonder why no one can get help on these forums...people can't keep the original problem the main concern.

kidsforsale
Noob
Noob

#10 Post by kidsforsale »

Openkore community being so dead?
so i guess it means here in forum? it's dying because of

1.) the retard review post that takes 1-4 days to approve specially on macro section and you have no guarantee that you will get your answer.

2.) both openkore and eathena is free but people on eathena is nicer than people here, they share their knowledge and not using the word SPOONFEEDING as an excuse of being selfish.