Hello!!

All non-related to RO or OpenKore goes here. Enter at your own risk.

Moderator: Moderators

jsteng
Noob
Noob
Noob?: No

Hello!!

#1 Post by jsteng »

Its been 2-3 years since I stopped developing for RO; today, I still see openkore as alive as it was when I left. It is nice to see this group is still going strong!

How are you all?

kali
OpenKore Monk
OpenKore Monk

Re: Hello!!

#2 Post by kali »

Hello jsteng, long time no see :)

In case you're wondering why you suddenly don't have any privileges in sf.net, read the chronicles somewhere at the pin-up section of the forum :P

Hope you can join us in IRC as well.

(btw, not to be suspicious or anything, but in light of what happened with the project, is there any way you can "prove" you are who you are? :P)
Got your topic trashed by a mod?

Trashing topics is one click, and moving a topic to its proper forum is a lot harder. You expend the least effort in deciding where to post, mods expend the least effort by trashing.

Have a nice day.

jsteng
Noob
Noob

#3 Post by jsteng »

The only way I can prove who I say i am is to answer for any and all codes which i/jsteng wrote. In the past, it appears that maproute was a mystery as the codes look very cryptic to many (and was never modified for many months as I remember them). But of course someone should have been able to decipher much of my work in such a long time these were published.

I left openkore because the coding style started to deviate from my own. I left RO because I dont actually play the game, but was interested in game AI (botting).

At any rate, WHAT happened here at openkore such that forum accounts were deleted? Can you post the link to a summary of what transpired?

hakore
Super Moderators
Super Moderators

#4 Post by hakore »

It's in the global announcement, sir. (Although honestly, the story didn't amuse me at all let alone convince the hell out of me. Anyways...)

http://forums.openkore.com/viewtopic.php?f=0&t=2

I believe you can prove your identity by using your sourceforge account or if you have an openkore.com e-mail account. It would be great to have you back.
Whatever...

kali
OpenKore Monk
OpenKore Monk

#5 Post by kali »

jsteng wrote:The only way I can prove who I say i am is to answer for any and all codes which i/jsteng wrote. In the past, it appears that maproute was a mystery as the codes look very cryptic to many (and was never modified for many months as I remember them). But of course someone should have been able to decipher much of my work in such a long time these were published.

I left openkore because the coding style started to deviate from my own. I left RO because I dont actually play the game, but was interested in game AI (botting).

At any rate, WHAT happened here at openkore such that forum accounts were deleted? Can you post the link to a summary of what transpired?
http://forums.openkore.com/viewtopic.ph ... &sk=t&sd=a

There's a good summary of what happened.

If you'd like an @openkore.com email just ask. We'll email your sf.net address the username and password (which you can change) then we can just verify each other using that in case of another (cross fingers) board hack.

Trashing topics is one click, and moving a topic to its proper forum is a lot harder. You expend the least effort in deciding where to post, mods expend the least effort by trashing.

Have a nice day.

sli
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

#6 Post by sli »

Oh snap, hook me up with one of those! Haha.
cs : ee : realist

kali
OpenKore Monk
OpenKore Monk

#7 Post by kali »

Ask isieo - he's the one who sets up the email addresses for us.

Have a nice day.

isieo
Kami-Sama Desu~
Kami-Sama Desu~
Noob?: Yes

#8 Post by isieo »

Kali has access to setup one too!