rPE filters are "illegal software"?

All non-related to RO or OpenKore goes here. Enter at your own risk.

Moderator: Moderators

noobotter
Moderators
Moderators
Noob?: No

rPE filters are "illegal software"?

#1 Post by noobotter »

sowat99 wrote:Thanks for the reply guys, I did rename it back to Ragnarok, and there were no issues. :)

I know this is a little bit out of the topic but, i have tested the rPE Auto Skill Spam filters but it doesnt work anymore, eventough the GameGuard is disabled. I thougt at first the "New Iris" window was the problem. Anyways thanks once again! :)
I believe that falls under the illegal software rule so we're not allowed to discuss that here. :)
A storm is coming.

EternalHarvest
Developers
Developers
Noob?: Yes

Re: Requst: Unpacked RAGEXE and Hex Codes [New Chaos]

#2 Post by EternalHarvest »

noobotter wrote:I believe that falls under the illegal software rule so we're not allowed to discuss that here. :)
Since when rPE became "illegal software" in where the openkore.com is currently hosted?

noobotter
Moderators
Moderators

#3 Post by noobotter »

EternalHarvest wrote:
noobotter wrote:I believe that falls under the illegal software rule so we're not allowed to discuss that here. :)
Since when rPE became "illegal software" in where the openkore.com is currently hosted?
I mean the Auto Skill spam filter stuffs. :)
A storm is coming.

EternalHarvest
Developers
Developers

#4 Post by EternalHarvest »

noobotter wrote:I mean the Auto Skill spam filter stuffs. :)
Do I need to repeat the question?

noobotter
Moderators
Moderators

#5 Post by noobotter »

EternalHarvest wrote:
noobotter wrote:I mean the Auto Skill spam filter stuffs. :)
Do I need to repeat the question?
I don't really have the credible source/link where I got that since it no longer exist(offline).
During the time when darkmoon.ath.cx is still online, the skill spam filter and any other related stuffs(that promotes an unfair gameplay; which also includes KS) are usually not allowed to be discussed.
I have to bring up darkmoon into my statement since it's the pRO Openkore Support forum before.
I know that we also use the WPE or rPE in extracting the packets that's why I pointed out the filters specifically.

We're getting out of topic here so I guess I'll no longer argue with you since it's not really a big deal. Apologies to the thread starter. ;)
A storm is coming.

EternalHarvest
Developers
Developers

Re: rPE filters are "illegal software"?

#6 Post by EternalHarvest »

Well, our rules don't seem to forbid that. There are only "illegal stuff" and KS mentioned.

Whether or not skill spam is an unfair gameplay is questionable (can it also be done manually or with common gaming gear?), while KS is more like griefing than unfair gameplay - easy and unfixed griefing in case of RO.

The problem is, if you forbid something like "skill spam filters" where you'll draw the line for what's allowed?