New Bottable Server! - Aegis RO

All non-related to RO or OpenKore goes here. Enter at your own risk.

Moderator: Moderators

freezer123
Plain Yogurt
Plain Yogurt
Noob?: No

Re: New Bottable Server! - Jotun RO

#31 Post by freezer123 »

yes, I think its safe to assume until Morroc Destruction or Ash Vacuum (13.1). :)

franibaflo
Human
Human
Noob?: Yes

#32 Post by franibaflo »

Count me IN! Btw, just a heads up. There's already a registered JotunRO...

djinni
Noob
Noob

#33 Post by djinni »

another suggestion, just liek in muspell: mobs, item drops, and tele will never land anywhere near portal.

thanks for making this PS freezer! loving the new name :o :o :o

HumanHealer2
Noob
Noob

#34 Post by HumanHealer2 »

Trans Class: The Return Of Magnum Break!, Smite!, Rapid Smiting!

freezer123
Plain Yogurt
Plain Yogurt

#35 Post by freezer123 »

started coding little by little, bear with me guys. :)

First post updated.. ;)

eyecore
Noob
Noob

#36 Post by eyecore »

Excited for this new server, I've been having botting withdrawal lol :D Thanks for doing this. 8-)

stormgust
Noob
Noob
Noob?: Yes

#37 Post by stormgust »

thnx a lot sir for this upcoming opening of a new home..its been years... hope to see you all soon :)

survivorsavior
Human
Human

#38 Post by survivorsavior »

What about donation system?
I know that freezer is opening this server for the sake of all bot lovers, but it would be unfair for you to pay the server fees yourself, along with all the hard work you invested into the server.
Not saying that we want you to make a profit out of this server, but I personally believe you should be financially rewarded for putting up a server for us all.

I am suggesting a donation system that does not destroy the balance, but encourages people to donate to help maintain the server, as well as helping you make your life easier.

A small suggestion on chipping in 3 USD/month for an extra bottable account on that specific IP, limited one.
This does not destroy the game balance (because there are a lot of ways to acquire different IPs), but instead encourages people not to acquire different IPs just to bot this server by paying money to the ISP, but instead help the community maintain the server while being able to have 1 more extra bot/account online available.

2nd suggestion is to provide a possible newbie friendly environment by adding the option of @vend (i'm not sure what the exact command for this is), to let people vend in towns while not counting towards the IP. I'm not sure how to code this, for I am not an engineer, but I respect if engineers find this hard to code, and unable to imply this any time soon.
However, this does help the town look more lively, and will definitely attract more players to join the server, while not damaging anyone's want to bot fully outside of town.

I recall that at the end of KoreRO, there was a pop-up telling you that you are having too much accounts connected to the server, and therefore kicks you off. I am sure, changing the settings for that to fit my suggestion would be doable.

Once again, it's only a suggestion, and I appreciate the hard work put up by freezer.

Karna
Noob
Noob

#39 Post by Karna »

survivorsavior wrote:What about donation system?
I know that freezer is opening this server for the sake of all bot lovers, but it would be unfair for you to pay the server fees yourself, along with all the hard work you invested into the server.
Not saying that we want you to make a profit out of this server, but I personally believe you should be financially rewarded for putting up a server for us all.

I am suggesting a donation system that does not destroy the balance, but encourages people to donate to help maintain the server, as well as helping you make your life easier.

A small suggestion on chipping in 3 USD/month for an extra bottable account on that specific IP, limited one.
This does not destroy the game balance (because there are a lot of ways to acquire different IPs), but instead encourages people not to acquire different IPs just to bot this server by paying money to the ISP, but instead help the community maintain the server while being able to have 1 more extra bot/account online available.

2nd suggestion is to provide a possible newbie friendly environment by adding the option of @vend (i'm not sure what the exact command for this is), to let people vend in towns while not counting towards the IP. I'm not sure how to code this, for I am not an engineer, but I respect if engineers find this hard to code, and unable to imply this any time soon.
However, this does help the town look more lively, and will definitely attract more players to join the server, while not damaging anyone's want to bot fully outside of town.

I recall that at the end of KoreRO, there was a pop-up telling you that you are having too much accounts connected to the server, and therefore kicks you off. I am sure, changing the settings for that to fit my suggestion would be doable.

Once again, it's only a suggestion, and I appreciate the hard work put up by freezer.
Hi,

I believe we should not bind the extra bot-able account toward the IP only, but to the email address as well. I got this idea from puzzie when the admin suggested the best way to maintain balance is to get acc registration through special invitation knowing their location/personality individually.but
The person can only register his ID (personality) with a single email address ONLY but he/she can make as many accounts within the email address. In return, the server will identify both the IP AND the email address assigned to the person. This will restrict that person from botting from multiple IP's because the email address will be identified & block placed based on that.

Yes in KoreRO theres a script which informs you of logging more than allowed accounts per IP, but i dont recall it kicking the extra acc. Cause i remembered i have to make a macro to "relog 99999999" when i get that notification. Theres a page on KoreRO website showing those accounts logging ingame in same IP. I think azara/CD will check them once inawhile checking if theyre all bots or manuals, because if all theyre manuals then theyll be allowed to break the rule.

Besides that, it will be good if the players in town(prontera specifically) are exempted from the IP rule. If i remember well, the fact of IP limitation did cause some people refuse to come online in town for chatting for fear of losing botting quota. This was a subject of discussion before the death of koreRO- as some players mentioned theyre willing to be in town for chatting, eq upgrading & socializing stuff but the IP limit absolved those intentions. Tho i dont recall if we did have that privilege in KoreRO.

As for vending, the default eAthena will pull the @autotrade (@at) vendors to servers side. It wont affect the IP rule, no need extra script for that. Correct me if im wrong.

On another note, while donation is enabled- there should be transparency & accountability showing total donations received & from whom to the server, billing notice of server running cost & fund balance available/needed. This will avoid corruption & provide confidence & reliability to Jotun Online. Of course the admin should get some of the fund for his time & service, depending on availability.

If basic acc 2 p IP, + donations max 4 per IP.
If server capacity is 300,

25 individual* (2.5 bots avg+3 @autotraders)
= 137.5 online characters ($ 37.5 revenue p month) if half of them bought a quota ($ 3/p quota).
We only need 1/2 of capacity to cover the cost :mrgreen:
& i think we should keep 3 months worth of running cost as retention for stability.

^ I believe above conditions are enough to structure a stable server.

and i think it will be cool if the server can run preconfigured bot for you for further additional $ donations, but of course with max 4 IP limitation enforced (but not essential at this stage)

@freezer,
just noticed u mentioned PK in ur 1st page, is it going to be global PK or just in mvp maps limited to lv 90+ :?
Cause if its going be global PK then im going to go :evil:
I really hope the server will at least run a month for a beta phase & invitation before going for the wipe & official opening.

freezer123
Plain Yogurt
Plain Yogurt

#40 Post by freezer123 »

There will be a beta period, minimum 15 days, max 1 month

First post updated..

Edit:
I dont have any intentions for players to pay some amount for additional Bot/accounts, As said and we all know that there are several ways to obtain another IP and its easy to get another email ID. even if I implement charging $1.00 for additional bot. most players will surely find a way to break this rule. As far as I remember, Azara (owner of Kore-RO) already explain this.

I also agreed with Puzzle that RO and Openkore already past its peak/popularity and its already a dying game. To be honest, the only players I expect to join are the old players with the passion in RO game/bots. If newcomer or new players will play RO, they will prefer to play in a server with additional custom (if not all) or they will play another MMORPG instead of RO.

and right, I'm creating this server for the sake of bot lovers And also for additional knowledge. HH knows that I am not a programmer nor an engineer and he is actually my mentor (he teaches me basic Macro back in Kore-RO and basic programming when we started OKRO). But no worries guys, I have enough knowledge about C and C++ now ;)

Anyway, we can think of another way for players to donate or much better if anybody is willing to help/donate :D. I'm not thinking about that for now and my priority is to set up the server..

cheers.