New Bottable Server! - Aegis RO

All non-related to RO or OpenKore goes here. Enter at your own risk.

Moderator: Moderators

stormgust
Noob
Noob
Noob?: Yes

Re: New Bottable Server!

#21 Post by stormgust »

"4) No Bots for MVP/Miniboss hunting (for fair and manual competition)" - Sounds good and difficult, but how? haha. Don't forget to remove Mini-boss cards in OCA"

- ooo ya.. how to do it? haha thats sad :(

"Quests - Exp events are harmless if its not repeatable, Head Gear Quest - If possible, stay close to the quests seen in RmS. Platinum Skill Quest"

- 3 Yesessss :)

"Im okay with Anubis exp reduce to 50%, but please add the quantity =D" - check check check :)

"KoreRO Rejuvenation !! =P" - :D :D :D

OCA - dont forget to add andre larva card!!!!! just like muspell did :).. its somehow a lost card and hoping to be found... :) , i guess in the default setting, OCA already doesnt drop mini boss card because there is already a "Magic Card Album"...

HumanHealer2
Noob
Noob
Noob?: No

#22 Post by HumanHealer2 »

freezer123 wrote:@HH
Server forums? was thinking to create FB group page for it rather than paying for separate webhost. I'll use the game host features and all its free stuff.
k agreed with no forums, bring it all to FB Group. but u still need to host the client installer package. please... no MediaFile or other premium filehosting server etc... some of us (especially me, has problem downloading from those host)

djinni
Noob
Noob

#23 Post by djinni »

server description is looking good now.
+1 to separate woe trans and non-trans.
+1 to server rates
+1 to no starter pack
+1 to no custom gears

just 1 thing, i suggest not to put healer if it costs 5k. it might give bad impression to new players "what the hell healer costs 5k" even though inn costs the same ;)
ditto with warper, if it costs the same z, i suggest just to take the extra walk to regular kafra. these add more to "as close to official as possible"

a suggestion: long and difficult custom (dont freak out "oh no CUSTOM!" :D :) ;) ) raid dungeon with mixture of mobs and one mvp or mini boss or custom boss waiting at the end. the mobs in this dungeon wont respawn and once the boss died, everyone will be warped outside. drops could be elu, ori, opb, oca, official slotted gears?
i dont know if this is similar to "eden quest" but i know this as "devil square"
it can cost some z to enter for a choice of final boss (that drops different stuff of course), 1m or something per player (expensive? yes. but this is good for the economy) , with minimum 5 players or so. this is more of an "end game" so we will have something to do when we really want to "play", not just woe or pvp. players can organize raid party in the forum/FB page, make it more active. dead char will follow pvp script, can only be resurrected once. if he died again, he will be warped outside and cant enter the dungeon until the dungeon is all cleared. it makes people think of better strategy and not just raid brainlessly.
dungeon entry can be limited to maybe 3-4 times a week per ID?

as for forum, can we get free forum like phpbb or something?

edit: after typing that much stuff, i just realized that the official have something similar called ENDLESS TOWER. my time wasted well :lol:

franibaflo
Human
Human

#24 Post by franibaflo »

I'm IN for all of this! :evil:

I just have some few suggestions which carried over from Muspell. So if youd be kind enough to oblige me....

1) Please enable some sort of master storage for all the accounts similar to OriginsRO http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page= ... =OriginsRO. As I've always pointed out in Muspell, manually transferring items is a hassle no one should ever bear in hand.

EDIT: Just read the topic http://forums.openkore.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=144697 which states that master accounts aren't really that OpenKore-friendly so goodbye to that idea. However, I just remembered a work around for this which Muspell implemented = enabling Guild storage access through Kafras which is feasible just as well. But good luck in finding the emperiums first).

2) Along with this, perhaps an increase of max storage space from 600 to maybe 3000? (Note: This is taking into account 600 storage space per account multiplied by max number of connections per IP). I for one will find this very useful for I am an ultimate looter even greater than a poring. No jellopy should ever go to waste!!!! While still on topic, maybe also increase the max quantity per items as well? When a master storage is indeed implemented then there would be a need for more space for stackable items like arrows ans such. So yeah...

3) Increase connection limits. Since bot armies are out of the question, perhaps bot parties can still be viable? As an avid user of OpenKore, I make it an integral part of every Ragnarok server I play in that I also challenge my skills as a botter. And so I find that it would be great if the max amount of connections per IP could be increased to maybe 10? Just so there would be enough room for improvements (ex. 2 melee + 2 ranged + 2 caster + 2 FS priest + soul linker + crusader). I know that we're only just about to begin and tough on bandwidth. But give it a thought as we go along and grow.

EDIT: Can you clarify your statement.... Is it 300 players meaning 300x5 = 1500 connections? Or simply 300 connections meaning 300/5 = 60 Players?
Can accommodate players up to 300. I'm Willing to host it up if we can get at least 20-25 guaranteed players.
4) Commands like @buy , @sell , @afk, @vend just to fill the empty streets of the main town while our bots are hard at work.

5) @duel command for when we feel the need for some action while still maintaining the server as a non-PK enabled. Because sometimes returning to the PVP room again and again is just tiring. (Just an honest opinion).

6) Votes for previous suggestions:

+ 1 for Trans

+ 1 for Ads (RMS, Top Sites, Facebook). But limit the rewards to regular items with slightly higher drop rates or maybe some sort of assistance packages (pots + kafra tickets + etc). So that it would be fair and as close to vanilla as possible. In the same way, voting for points would be more appealing to new comers as they would need more assistance in the beginning - at the same time less so for veterans; therefore, making the playing field more balanced. But I suggest regulating ads moderately. Because a fast growth can be detrimental as well (especially given our limited number of slots).

+1 for 3x/3x/3x but maybe increase to 5x if Trans is enabled?

+1 for No GM interactions = No unfair disadvantage.

-1 for 5 accounts per IP :cry:

-1 for healer and warper or other custom npcs. However, (another suggestion from Muspell) relocate or create copies of essential NPCs (Kafra + Tool Dealer + Inn Keeper + PVP + etc.) in the town center and/or together with kafras. (ex. Similar to culverts entrance where a dealer and fafra are side-by-side for saving, respawing, buying, selling, storing.

+1 for all the not to be implemented.

+1 for official.

-1 for donation items. Although I appreciate the effort in you personally shouldering the expense of keeping and maintaining a server. I just think donation and mall items are full of shit. Its a feature worst than botting where the rich and spoilt gain unfair advantage over those who play the game or work for it (in our case via OpenKore at least :lol: ). But shit is shit. Any ideas how you could be helped? Though I for one have no money :roll: . I just hope money is not an issue for you. And if it is I just hope this new server stands strong and stand the test of time without resorting to shit.

-1 to monthly donate for extra bot per IP. poor me :|

+1 for Starter Pack + Eden Quest

-1 for no bots in MVP and Mini-boss hunting! Were using bots for Christ's sake. It would always be unfair = that's the point of life and any competition. Have anyone tried hunting for ghost bandana manually for days and weeks on end only to end up with a halo? My point is: we should try to outdo those who are greater than us not settle for mediocrity just because others can't. (haha a bit contradicting with my money rant :mrgreen: )

-1 for KS bots? ^_^

+0 for events. -1 Just keep to official as much as possible; however, +1 for interaction (but that can also fail if programmed through macro :|)

-1 for animal headgear. Btw, no offense to stormgust. it's just coincidence that we have very different views. :|

+ 1 Facebook but also +1 for forums since forums tend to be more organized and faster than facebook.

Name?: Muspell KoreRO / XXX HardKore RO :mrgreen:

What am I forgetting.... Hmmmmmmmmm..... Oh yeah, count me in! :D

THINK ABOUT IT!
:mrgreen: XXX HardKore RO

franibaflo
Human
Human

#25 Post by franibaflo »

How can we tag puzzles?

Karna
Noob
Noob

#26 Post by Karna »

Can i know the intended RO episode ?
Eden quest seems to be for renewal based mechanic.
i cant promise if ill join/donate long enough if its trans server.

As for mvp bots, you pretty much cant ban them for it, but enabling (lv90+) PK mode on all (or easy) mvp maps will be ok .e.g
gtb, garm, stormy, mistress, eddga

puzzie shared the server src/db with me as i intended to locolhost testing (cant find woe ip limit script tho), i can share here if ur intending to make non trans server.

x3 rate = x3 faster for server maturity.
in other words, whatever happened in muspell within 12 months, achievable like in 4 months.

so is it going to be basic 3 ip or basic 5 ip ?

name?
OpenRO ?
JötunRO ? Muspell, Niflheim, Midgard(humans), Asgard(gods) is some of the 9 norse worlds, Jotun(giants) is one of the 9 norse worlds
MangoRO ? i luv mangoes :>
LevityRO ? opposite of gravity ;)

stormgust
Noob
Noob

#27 Post by stormgust »

devil square is like party run. and yea its a good one that is difficult and challenging. :)

EDEN QUEST - well...as far as i know...there is an eden quest for non renewal version, and i played a server with that quest. its merely about talking npc, kill monster and reward. the quest has this HQ to get quest and its scale is depend on base level.

hmmmm enabling pvp on map with mvps aaaaahhh :) ... i kinda like that too.. if only there is a more good way to somehow disable botting on mvp monsters... but it might be need too hardwork.. maybe this mvp map with pvp will be the good option.

Trans Classes - its understable some really dont like trans cause they really felt it overpowered. if there is a will there is a way. :roll: .

Trans or non trans is ok. as long as whatever change it should be balanced and reasonable. at least 95% close to official and few change is good :)

i think/suggest, to open a vote/poll on this topic (Trans or Non Trans server).
This place is for "INTELLIGENT" bug reports only.

“You will never find time for anything. If you want time you must make it.” – Charles Buxton
Something just popped out from nowhere..? i wonder :)
Circle of life...up down round and round :)

freezer123
Plain Yogurt
Plain Yogurt

Re: New Bottable Server! - Jotun RO

#28 Post by freezer123 »

Jotun RO.. I like the sound of it. Any objections?? :mrgreen:

Trans is pretty much balance imo.

Rates will still be 3x/3x/3x. but if still high for some we can make it at least 2x/2x/2x (final), I just dont want it to be almost exact the same as officials.

Episode will be pretty much before renewal. I was planning to use the last updated eathena SVN Trunk emulator as it is 99% balance and bug free.

http://eathena-project.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/

First Post is updated.. ;)

Karna
Noob
Noob

#29 Post by Karna »

Episode 13.2 - Encounter Against the Unknown ?
Episode 13.1 - Ash Vacuum ?
Episode 12 - Nightmare of Midgard, Destruction of Morroc ?
Arunafeltz - Episode 11 ?
can i know which one ? cause i dont know where renewal started ? :lol:

stormgust
Noob
Noob

#30 Post by stormgust »

a nice name...i think no other has name it that way...:)

hmm it's safely assume it is in episode 11 or 12...?
This place is for "INTELLIGENT" bug reports only.

“You will never find time for anything. If you want time you must make it.” – Charles Buxton
Something just popped out from nowhere..? i wonder :)
Circle of life...up down round and round :)