Just a out of the box problem.

All non-related to RO or OpenKore goes here. Enter at your own risk.

Moderator: Moderators

andy12345
Moderators
Moderators
Noob?: No

Just a out of the box problem.

#1 Post by andy12345 »

I migrated from windows to linux derivative xubuntu (thats the one that can work on my PC) without any knowledge of linux or anything, and I am completely going on well with it, I have already learnt some commands and stuff, still one problem that keeps bugging me (Yeah I have googled it, search it, on the official forums too) and finaly came to the conclusion that my problem is a bug.
Now I use 8.04 xubuntu LTS, (I installed it from the alt CD), and I use a Toshiba L30, But there is no sound at all (Yeah I even tried getting the latest emulators and all) I saw some posts, blogs wherein some people had their problem solved, anyone could link me to some like that, I would be really glad to get solutions (Just to hear music I have kept XP...man I really want sound to work here)

sli
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

Re: Just a out of the box problem.

#2 Post by sli »

Use 8.10, 8.04 is almost a year old.
cs : ee : realist

andy12345
Moderators
Moderators

#3 Post by andy12345 »

sli wrote:Use 8.10, 8.04 is almost a year old.
Its a LTS, but still anyone got a 8.10 alt CD? (Link me to a torrrent if you got one)

sli
Perl Monk
Perl Monk

#4 Post by sli »

:roll: http://www.xubuntu.org

LTS != better for the normal user. LTS releases are more for groups using (K|X|Myth|Edu|U|)buntu that don't upgrade every release and actually need the long term support. Normal users should really use the latest at all times. Besides, the next LTS is coming out in April, anyway.
cs : ee : realist